We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly place on LBI

San Francisco
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family friendly place on LBI

Any recommendations for a nice, quiet beach and community along LBI? I want to avoid party scenes or run down houses. I'm looking for a more upscale community. Thanks.

New Hope...
Level Contributor
746 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly place on LBI

Try Loveladies, Harvey Cedars and Barnegat Light. for quieter family atmosphere.Although, it is best to see the house you are renting. Some owners do not keep their houses in good condition no matter where you rent.

Edited: 10 April 2012, 19:01
CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family friendly place on LBI

I would say that most communities on LBI are family friendly. The ones noted above (north of the causeway) are lovely, quiet with a smaller commercial base than some others along the island. Many families love Beach Haven, especially just south of the commercial section of town (Sometime referred to as the Yacht Club area for its proximity to Little Egg Harbor Yacht Club) as it is easy to get to the shopping, activites and restaurants of the commercial hub of Beach Haven, but this area is highly residential, many homes with long multi generational ties and fewer rentals/turnover. Many homes hold their value in this area.

Feel free to post again with further questions!

3. Re: Family friendly place on LBI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Long Beach Island