We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day at the beach plus dinner ... HELP!

just outside NYC
Level Contributor
315 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
A day at the beach plus dinner ... HELP!

We are staying in Atlantic City and want to drive up to LBI for the day next Tuesday, spend a few hours on the beach, go out for a great fish dinner. I'm thinking Beach Haven is the best choice? Restaurant? Or another town? Which one has the amusement park?

I was going to drive over, go to the lighthouse and then back to AC but little sister who is visiting from Wisconsin now wants "ocean swimming" in her itinerary. (Can I just drop her off and go back to the Water Club for spa treatments and trust her to swim back?) Nah.

Collegeville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day at the beach plus dinner ... HELP!

My personal favorite for fresh and great seafood dinner is Harvey Cedars Shellfish company. If you're going to be up at the north end of the island for the lighthouse, you'll pass right by it on your way back south down the island (it would be on the right, sitting right next to the Plantation restaurant).

But it is about 25-30 minutes from the amusements in Beach Haven. I'm some some others on here who are more familiar with the food at that end of the island would be able to assist. But if you find yourself still on the northern side, I'd strongly recommend this place. Only thing is that is can get crowded so you may have to wait a little. On the plus side, it's a BYOB and there's a liquor store right across the street if you don't bring anything with you.

Enjoy!

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A day at the beach plus dinner ... HELP!

Beach Haven is the borough with the amusement park (Fantasy Island), but just so you know, most of the rides are geared toward young children. There are a few rides, plus bumper cars and arcade games that older kids and preteens enjoy, but it is by no means a Wildwood or Six Flags. There is a great water park (Thundering Surf) that has something for all ages.

Beach Haven itself doesn't have a pure "Seafood' restaurant. Most restaurants do have seafood selections. For sushi, The Engleside Hotel, which also has some other nice seafood selections. For a raw bar, Bistro 14 (which also has some nice sunset views over the bay from their porch as well as other seafood entrees) or more casual Harvey Cedars Clam Bar (which may be closed weekdays by next week already).

Other places I would choose are not in Beach Haven but along the boulevard into or out of town would be Stefanos (Italian empasis, but great seafood and other choices) or the Beach House restaurant-simple well prepared yummy.

3. Re: A day at the beach plus dinner ... HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Long Beach Island