We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LBI trip report

New York, NY
Level Contributor
205 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
LBI trip report

Great week, great weather, great place!

We spent much more time at the beach and at the pool this year. The trip to the lighthouse was fun and the dinner at Cinnamon remarkably good (we love Csribbean food). We enjoyed dinner (early bird) at Carmen's and the ice cream at Barry's. Also great coffee and cake at Bacio. Oh, don't leave w/o eating chicken wings at Chicken or the Egg... so yummy.

The two places I enjoyed shopping at were Indian Summer for amazing swimwear and high end lingerie (bought French and Italian bras for $10, midly stained by the floods). Also, the consignment store is my favorite stop in BH. The Pearl St market is great but super expensive!

Don't go to the water park; it's a ripoff. Only 3 "rides" and a ton of money to get in -- not worthy in my opinion.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LBI trip report

Maluz-thanks for the report. I haven't tried Cinnamon Bay, but if they're open in the fall I may put it on my list. Another one on that end of island I want to try is Black Eyed Susan. Have you tried Uncle Wills at night? Their menu is also caribean so I was wondering how you thought they compared?

Did you get to Surflight this year? I thought Les Mis was fabulous.

My kids loved Thundering Surf (and truthfully I enjoyed it also). My favorite is the Lazy River, kids like the slides and Flow Surf. They even enjoyed the smaller sprinkler and slides section. One tip I have heard is that it is less crowded on Saturdays as most renters are busy checking in or out. I know one tenant arrived early on check in day to beat traffic, had a bite to eat, then went straight to water park. They claimed no lines, kids got to release excitement after being in car. I agree it isn't cheap but the benefit of having it so close made it worth it to us. They also have a "non participant rate" if you just want to watch and not utilize the rides.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LBI trip report

Hi, we didn't try Uncle Will since we also saw it closed for some reason. I agree with you about the slides at the water park; they're fun but the lazy river is just too short of a ride and it gets boring after awhile. My kids are teens so they got bored pretty quickly; we went on Saturday and the place was practically empty so no complaints there but I still think the park is overpriced for what they offer.

Unfortunately, we couldn't find good seats when we tried to see "Le Mis", my kids didn't care since they get to see everything in Broadway (their father gets special discounts) but I was pretty dissapointed about it.

We did mini-golf that night instead and "we had a ball" playing a lot given that my daughter kept getting free games!

We had a really nice time and our host made it even more special! We'll be back!

Marta Luz

3. Re: LBI trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 11:15
Get answers to your questions about Long Beach Island