We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DLP in Jan with 4 year old

Cavan, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
DLP in Jan with 4 year old

Hi I just booked Disneyland for my self and little girl aged 4 for Jan 25th - 28th, I will be travelling on my own with her 1 large bag and a buggy can anyone tell me how hard is it to get there from CDG airport I know there is a bus that takes you straight there but not sure how hard it is to find where it departs from. Is there any possibility that I might be able to go on the rides for older people such as the new horror tower hotel ride etc. any tips or info is very welcome? I am a bit nervous travelling on my own with her!!

thanks

Kim

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,649 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DLP in Jan with 4 year old

Here are the options for reaching Disneyland from CDG. The buses depart curbside, in front of each terminal:

1. TGV

(non refundable fares vary depending upon departure time from 15€ to 30€)

Travel time 9-10 minutes, last departure about 9:55 p.m.

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

depart: AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV (95) arrive: MARNE LA VALLEE CHESSY (77)

________

2. Bus (VEA)

http://www.vea.fr/uk/index.asp

Adults – 17€, children under 12 – 13€

Departures every 20 minutes from 8:55 a.m. until 8:05 p.m. except:

Until 8:25 p.m. on Monday & Thursday

Plus 10:25 p.m. on Friday

Plus 9:55 p.m. on Sunday

Travel time about 1 hour

_________

3. RER (train/métro)

http://www.ratp.com/

RER Line B towards Chatelet-Les Halles; change to Line A for Marne-La Vallee/Disneyland

This is probably the cheapest option (about 14€) but it can take up to 2 hours.

_________

4. Shuttle

http://www.paris-blue-airport-shuttle.fr/

Private shuttle from 1 to 8 people – 60€ to 100€

Shared ride from 1 to 8 people – 45€ to 12.50€ per person

http://www.shuttle-inter.com/

Private shuttle from 1 to 3 people – 70€

Private shuttle 4 to 8 people – 75 to 110€

Travel time about 1 hour

Reliability varies

_________

5. Taxi

http://www.taxisg7.com/

Convenient but can be expensive

Travel time about 1 hour

Cost estimate: 75€+

________

Most hotels have transportation from DLP/Chessy. There is a free "pink shuttle bus" that connects a large number of hotels in the area. This free shuttle can be very crowded and difficult to board at times, particularly with luggage and children.

<<<<s there any possibility that I might be able to go on the rides for older people such as the new horror tower hotel ride etc.>>>>

For a 4 year old girl, Fantasyland will be perfect. However, I am not sure what you plan on doing with her while you find "rides for older people". Horror Tower Hotel (among other thrill rides) is not appropriate for young children.

Be content with the joy in your child's face and the excitement she will display at all of the wonders and the fanciful places she will explore.

Mentioned in this post
Chessy
Chessy
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Cavan, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: DLP in Jan with 4 year old

Thanks for all this info I know I should be happy to just see her happy but it was worth asking lol

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DLP in Jan with 4 year old

Hi Leigha1

Which hotel have You choosen ?

You could maybe order a nanny for a hour on two , depends on hotel chosen I think.

You can take her with You on a lot of rides

Buzz Lightyear, pirates of the caribean, Peter Pan, Snow white,pinoquio, small world flying carpents etc, etc, but there is some You cant depend on how high she is.

Mutter

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DLP in Jan with 4 year old

Hi Leigha 1,

I always recommend the TGV. It's just a shuttle train over to terminal 2 and downstairs to the station. You can walk up and buy tickets for the next available TGV, and the ride is only 10min. You'll get numbered seats, so store your main luggage and buggy near the door in the shelving there and take your small luggage with you. There's plenty of room.

Did you think of renting a buggy in DLP, it would save the hassle of carrying it over.

As for the park rides, I dont see any way of doing Terror Tower etc without having another person with you. I think you'll have to be happy with the little people rides, parades, queing for autographs etc You'll still have agreat time.B

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,709 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DLP in Jan with 4 year old

Kim,, I suggest you stop and rethink your luggage. You do not need a large bag for the two of you for only a three day trip,, you can easily do a week with a small to medium bag. Don't over do.

I would also leave the stroller and rent one at park, that way in the airport you have one hand to pull your suitcase and one hand to hold your daughters hand. Simple. When you get to Disneyland you can just rent one there, you won't need one at the hotel as your daughter is old enough to walk around on her own, the stroller will be handy at DL when she gets tired.

Other then hiring a babysitter through your hotel , I see no way for you to leave your daughter alone and go on adult rides, for goodness sake I wouldn't think you could leave her with the ride attendent or anything, LOL

essex, uk
Level Contributor
237 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DLP in Jan with 4 year old

how tall is your daughter - my dd is 3 and tiny (90cm) so was only allowed on the little rides..

however if she is over 1.2 then she can def go on thunder mountain and some of the bigger rides - don't know the height restriction for terror etc - but we met a couple with a 5yr old who had been on it - it's height really not age.

if she isn't tall enough then you won't just be able to leave her whilst you go off on your own - altho i think the disneyland hotel may have a creche type thing if you are staying there? however to be honest i think thats a pretty poor thing to do!!!

Cavan, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: DLP in Jan with 4 year old

I dont really want to dump her somewhere!!!! I would just like to go on that particular ride- I have heard so much about it she is about 42 inches high!! dont know what that is in metres It will be fine if I cant go on it I am sure there is plenty we can go on together !!! thanks all for your comments you have been very helpfull!

Kim

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DLP in Jan with 4 year old

hi Kim

Try this site out

calculateme.com/Length/…ToInches.htm

Mutter

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
676 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DLP in Jan with 4 year old

Hi Kim, im just back and we had a 3 yr old in our party. we were there 3 nights and only had hand baggage which was sufficient bearing in mind also you may buy a t shirt or 2 while there for your daughter.even if u dont you dont need big luggage, really.

Coming from Ireland like us we got on a bus when we got to airport which was a disney bus that then drove around the airport for about 20 mins (ITS A HUGE AIRPORT) picking up others and then we were dropped at another waiting point and the proper big red disney bus came and off to disney. €17 adult €13 child.single fare only.

we stayed at santa fe (see my review if thats where u stay)

regarding rides, they will measure kids on the rides with height restrictions and are very strict about that. my friends 3 yr old was just the right for thunder mountain 107cm i think it was.

he was fine for most of rides inc star wars.

but too small for crushers coaster in the studio park .hope you have a great time..m

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
676 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: DLP in Jan with 4 year old

Forgot to say she will prob have grown a good bit by jan!!