We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopover hotel near DLP

Henley-on-Thames...
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Stopover hotel near DLP

Hi, We are heading over to DLP for 3 night 4 days on the 20 November. I have opted to get a ferry the night before we are due to check into the Disneyland Hotel in the park. So was wondering if anybody could recommend any decent (not bothered about facilities, just clean and cheap!) hotels to stay in near to the park, we will be arriving at Calais at about 7pm so I guess allowing for about 2-3 hours driving would get us near the park. I am travelling with my 2 daughters so a room that sleeps 3 would be great. Thanks.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stopover hotel near DLP

I would recommend the Holiday Inn or Dream Castle hotels since these are only a short courtesy bus ride from Disney Village and a 5 minute drive to the Disneyland hotel for checkin. These hotels have a 4 person (2 adults and 2 children) room as standard and are relatively inexpensive. Slightly lower budget in the same area is the Explorers hotel, which also has family rooms.

Henley-on-Thames...
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stopover hotel near DLP

Thanks for the tips, to be honest I was looking for somewhere a bit cheaper as it really is just a bed for the night. Anyone tried the Hotel des Deux Parcs, it seems very good value at about 60 euros for a triple room and is only 15km from the DLP??

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stopover hotel near DLP

Hi Pennoir

What about a Formula1 hotel or etap hotel Its lots of them in France and they are clean sleeps three in the room, tv, sink and shower and toilet is in the hall but You get a code to your room so the children are safe If you need to use the toilet when they are sleeping. and breakfast great, At the formula 1 on the way over in Feb 08 we paid 32 euro pr room.

Hopes that help, google it.

Mutter

Athens
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stopover hotel near DLP

We are a family of 4 (parents and 2 kids aged 5 and 7) and we decided to stay at Citea Torcy Apart-hotel, at tha near-by village of Torcy, which is just two stops away from the park by the train (TGV).

It was a self-catered small appartment including a main bedroom with double bed and a smaller livingroom with a sofa bed, also a small kitchenette and a private bathroom. We booked it via www.booking.com and it costed us about 400euros for 5 nignts.

In fact it is not a cosy area, just a residential area where mostly immigrant workers live, but extremely piecefull and clean, both the hotel and the roads in and around the village.

Although I would prefer the Dreamcastle (for the pool and playground), I would definately choose this hotel again, if I were on a tight budget and would like to spend it to the attractions of for shopping.

ath
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stopover hotel near DLP

Sorry,

when I mentioned the train station, I meant the city train (RER) not the TGV.

6. Re: Stopover hotel near DLP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 23:18