We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Patrick's Day

Chester-le-Street...
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
St Patrick's Day

Hiya,

We're planning a trip to DLP around St Patrick's Day, as we love to join in the festivities! Has anyone been to DLP for St Patrick's Day before?

What should we expect? I mean will it be really busy with drunks (in the Disney Village i mean)? Even if there is i don't think it'll put us off though!

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Patrick's Day

Hiya - Looking at dlpmagic its got a pic of Mickey in a St Paddys day outfit so I would expect some reference to it in the park.

I wouldn't expect drunk people - like for example if you went down your local high street on a Sat night - there are only a couple of bars in the Village so there is only so many places people can get drunk.

I would expect the village to be busy though with visitors from outside the resort as well coming in to celebrate.

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Patrick's Day

Hi,

We were there last year at that time. It wasn't any busier on the 17th than the days previous or after. It was a particularly busy time in general as it was coming up to Easter. There was a small extra St Patrick's parade, where Mickey & Minnie wore green and there was one pipe band I think. All in all pretty pathetic as parades go. As for drunks... On the way home through the village there were English teenagers looking the worst for wear trying to do a Michael Flatley, but that was it really.

Chester-le-Street...
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Patrick's Day

I didn't think there'd be too many drinks, as im sure there's many other places with more pubs/clubs, just thought i'd ask.

Easter is later this year so i'm guessing it won't be too busy. I'm a bit disappointed to hear that the parade wasn't that impressive last year but i wasn't expecting a lot because its a cheaper time to go. So as long as there is some reference to it, we'll be happy.

Thank you for your replies!

xx

4. Re: St Patrick's Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 20:34