We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning on an trip to DLP

Msia
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Planning on an trip to DLP

Hi all, I would be flying to Manchester with mum coming July and I am planning a trip with mum to Disneyland via Eurostar from London. I have never been to any Disneyland resort before but I am totally aware of the resort's long distance away from the city and supermarkets to grab some food. As we are budget conscious travellers, we plan to prepare our own meals instead of eating out most of the times in the restaurants in Disneyland which are most probably pricey. Can we bring food/snacks into Disneyland resort? I know outside food are not allowed in Disneyland Hong Kong. I would also greatly appreciate if you guys would recommend a decent, safe and not too pricey hotel near Disneyland vicinity, taking into consideration that we have no transport on our own during our stay there. Please advise.

Edited: 07 April 2010, 10:26
Dublin
Level Contributor
201 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning on an trip to DLP

You can bring in your own food and drink (not alcohol) and there's plenty of areas to sit and eat. There are numerous budget hotels around Bussy St George which is only one stop away from Marne la Vallee on the train. I stayed in the Premiere Classe Bussy St Georges in Oct 08. Tiny rooms but spotlessly clean and really cheap (€96 for 3 people for 3 nights in TOTAL) Highly recommend it. tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g227611-d614150-…

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning on an trip to DLP

It may depend on the security people on duty at the time, but you are usually allowed to take some small snacks and drink into the parks. Not a full picnic though. There are no lockers outside the parks to store a picnic.

You can buy snacks and drinks at the railway station shop cheaper than inside the parks, and can refill water bottles at the drinking fountains in the parks to save money. The cheapest place to eat in Disneyland Resort is probably the MacDonalds in the Disney Village.

Look at the question about supermarkets in the Top Questions box here.

Ruthiebabie has stayed in the Adagio hotel appartments in Val D' Europe, also one stop from Disney station ( Marne La Vallee Chessy) on the RER train, or also has a free shuttle bus to the parks.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g780713-d3195…

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning on an trip to DLP

Portia, I assume you mean the distance between Disneyland and central Paris? That takes about 35- 40 mins on the RER train from Disneyland station.

When we go to Disney, especially in the summer months when it should be nice and warm or hot, we have a good breakfast, just a snack for lunch, then a main meal after the parks have closed, so we do not waste ride time. We take small plastic bottles to fill up at the drinking fountains all day. I would expect the parks to be quite busy in July.

It would be cheaper for you to catch the train to Val D'Europe where there are restaurants and food courts to eat in the evening, rather than in Disneyland Resort if you are very budget conscious.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning on an trip to DLP

I should just add that depending on the date in July you go, the Magic Kingdom park could be open until 11pm. If that is the case when you are there, you will want to see the Fantillusion Electrical parade and fireworks at the end of the day I expect, so may be a bit late for restaurants after that.

Msia
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning on an trip to DLP

I greatly appreciate all your feedbacks. Just for clarification, Bussy St George and Val D Europe, are these two district names or something? Cos I have came across a few hotel names with something Bussy St George and something Val D Europe (I think it's Elysee Val D Europe). I guess these are some of the nearest budget hotels to Disneyland but not as near as I might imagine cos it is still not very feasible to be reached by foot. I still need to take a train to reach Disneyland? Does Disneyland shuttle bus picks up visitors from the area to Disneyland resort? Please advise and correct me if I am wrong.

For the hotel, should I book the room in advance? Or rather how much in advance should I book the room? Kindly recommend a reliable website.

For Disneyland resort itself, if I have the one day pass, can I go in and out of the resort within the day a few times? My mum and I might want to spend a morning in the park and go back to our hotel room to take a rest and refresh in the afternoon, then go back to the resort in the evening again.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning on an trip to DLP

Val D'Europe area is one stop away from Disney on the RER line A train. It only takes a few minutes. There is a huge shopping mall there, with shopping, eating and entertainment. The International Shopping Centre has an Auchan hypermarket, and around 130 shops selling clothing, electronics, housewares, sports goods and more. There are plenty of eating places here, open 7 days a week.

There is also a Sealife centre.

Just beyond is a smaller shopping area called La Vallee with about 70 designer boutiques, selling previous season and end of line goods at discounted prices. Bussy St George is in the same area.

booking.com/city/…bussy-saint-georges.en.html

Hotel Elysee Val D'Europe is in the Disney brochure, as is the Adagio Apparthotel. Both hotels have a free shuttle bus service to and from Disneyland resort, or you can walk a few minutes to the train station. If you stay at Hotel Elysee you get EMH Extra Magic Hours in the Magic Kingdom park, which means you can go into the park 2 hours earlier at 8am.

The cheapest Disney hotel on site is the Santa Fe which has 2 double beds and Mexican theming. This hotel is about 15-20 mins walk to the parks, or by regular shuttle buses.

www.booking.com/hotel/fr/pvvaldeurope.en.html

http://www.hotelelysee.com/uk/accueil.php

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g780713-d2898…

…disneylandparis.co.uk/hotels/…index.xhtml

hotels.disneylandparis.co.uk/index.xhtml?

I think it is worth looking at the Kyriad hotel, which is just outside the Disney resort, and has regular shuttle buses to the parks. It is cheaper than the Santa Fe, but closer than the other hotels. You can book a package with Disney which will include your park tickets and breakfast. You can also book the direct Eurostar from Kings Cross St Pancras to Disney, so no need to change trains at Lille. This train runs once daily both ways. ( not tuesday or saturday unless peak time).

disneylandparis.kyriad.fr/en/pages/index.aspx

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g664935-d4874…

Sometimes Disney are doing special offers on certain hotels, so it is worth phoning them to get prices. They are currently offering 40% off bookings made before April 31st. You do not say how long you are planning to stay for, but you can book half board to save money.

The Disney booking number is 08448 008 111

Hope this helps a bit.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning on an trip to DLP

Sorry I didn't say- you can exit and re- enter the parks, but make sure you get your hand stamped on the way out at the turnstiles. You cannot see the stamp, it shows under ultra violet light for re- entry.

If you buy park tickets separately, you can buy a ticket that covers both parks, so you can go from one to the other. The Studios closes earlier than the Magic Kingdom. The parks are next to each other.

Msia
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning on an trip to DLP

oh, thanks Figgygirl that is great to know. I don't think my mum and I could spend the whole day in the resort..

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning on an trip to DLP

You may want a break from the crowds and heat if it is very hot weather. The 3 hotels on site around the lake have swimming pools, but only for the guests staying there.

You can go into any of the hotels to relax in the lounge / bar area for a while though, or take sandwiches/ drink to the lake and sit there. The MacDonalds is near the lake at the end of the Disney Village.

Msia
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Planning on an trip to DLP

Hi Figgygirl, thanks for all the details. After reading your feedback, I think staying at Val D'Europe area is a good option because my mum and I could do some shopping easily if we are out of Disneyland resort. Can I stay in other cheaper hotel near Hotel Elysee Val D'Europe and take the free shuttle bus to Disneyland? Does it work this way?