We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirates

stockport
Level Contributor
511 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Pirates

I have just had an operation so I'm a bit wary as to what rides I'll be going on. Is there any drop in Pirates of the Caribean like Florida?

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pirates

Not been on the Florida one but if I tell you we took my god daughter on at 8 weeks old held in our arms (and we didn't drop her once!) I suspect that the splash downs are probably slightly more mild than Florida.

Dublin
Level Contributor
201 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pirates

Having been on both I have to tell you the drop in Paris is actually deeper BUT having said that I wouldn't imagine would be harmful. They do, however, have all the usual warnings on the ride so it's really up to you.

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pirates

Really? Gosh Pirates in Florida must be pretty tame then.

I guess in that case judgement needs to be used as to where your op is i.e. my Mum had only just got her arm out of plaster last month when we went and still had stitches and a plate in but she went on Pirates without any issues - she just held on with her good arm.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,942 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pirates

POTC in Florida only has 2 sections, so one small drop. POTC in DLP has 3 distinct sections - Passing Blue Lagoon restaurant, then through fighting pirate ships. Then a drop down, with a bit of a splash, to the pirate town, then another drop down to the dead pirates section.

You don't usually get wet, as only small drops, but in December, they sat 4 of us adults in the front of the boat, which is really only for 3. When we went down one drop, the water came over the front left of the boat,and our legs and laps got soaked!

The drop is nothing like Splash Mountain, so don't worry about it.

5. Re: Pirates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 06:16