We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving Monday 17th May and need a few ??? answered

Havant, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving Monday 17th May and need a few ??? answered

Hi we will be arriving Monday afternoon and we come home on the wednesday night so as we are in Disneyland Paris for a few days I need to get a few questions answered.

1) What times and Locations are the parades. I want to book some restaurants but need to know what time to book without it clashing with the parades.

2) My 2 year old boy Loves Lightning McQueen and the disney cars and was wondering were we could see any of them.

3) In Florida you could buy cups of coke in a souvenir cup and could be refilled for a few $ is that the same in Paris as this used to save a little bit of money.

Thanks in advance

stockport
Level Contributor
504 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving Monday 17th May and need a few ??? answered

I love this site for dining

www.magicalkingdoms.com/dlp/dining/dlp.html

Parades

…disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN/Neutral/Images/…

I'm guessing Lightening McQueen can be seen in the parade in Disneyland Studios.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving Monday 17th May and need a few ??? answered

Hi,

There is a Cars-themed ride in the Walt Disney Studios Park, Paris - Cars Quatre Roues Rallye aka Cars Race Rally.

A bit like a Tea Cups ride. My 3 year old daughter enjoyed it, but check you are happy with the rate of spins.

It is in the Toon Studios lot over to the lower right of the Park, opposite Flying Carpets over Agrabah.

…disneylandparis.co.uk/walt-disney-studios-p…

Beyond these two rides is Crush’s Coaster (height restriction), but beyond Crush is a sedate Character meet and greet including Buzz Light Year etc and Mickey.

In the Production Courtyard lot in the lower left area of the Studios is Playhouse Disney Live on Stage! No Cars characters in it, but I am sure your son will enjoy it. Puppets of various Playhouse TV characters plus a Cast Member as host.

Check on the board outside Playhouse to see the language of the next show – they alternate French, English and (?) Spanish. When you enter the second room, sit along the side edge of the sitting area so that your son can stand up without blocking the view of anyone behind.

…disneylandparis.co.uk/walt-disney-studios-p…

Rocky

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,514 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving Monday 17th May and need a few ??? answered

Hi rt0r6dyb ( had to check that twice!)

stockport has given you the link for the parks programmes for parades, shows, Character meeting times and locations. Up to 21st May.

The parks should not be too busy as no school holidays at present, so booking restaurants should not be a problem. I often book in the morning for the following day, even in the summer holidays when very busy. Recommend booking Character meals well in advance though as they are popular. You can easily change location or times if you change your mind later, either at Guest Services, your hotel reception, or at the restaurants in the parks.

Have you chosen your restaurants?

www.dlpfoodguide.com

…disneylandparis.co.uk/restaurants-and-bars/…

http://www.dlrpreview.com/dining/

The Stars n Cars parade in the Studios is on in the afternoons, and has well known Characters from Disney- Pixar movies in their cars, so your son will love that. Ratatouille is a new addition this year.

dlrptoday.com/2010/…

He might also enjoy the Moteurs Action car stunt driving show, in the Studios. It lasts about 40 mins, and has motorbikes as well as cars, showing you how they do the stunt driving in films. They now have the same show in Orlando.

The Autopia cars in the Magic Kingdom are popular and no Fastpass facility, so try to get there early if you can. They are not included in EMH.

I can't recall seeing refillable cups, but we carry small water bottles and fill them at the drinking water fountains. Then they don't spill in our bags on rides! If you buy a drink, check your receipt, as it might say you can get a free drink later. If they are doing this, buy each drink separately, as I think you get one per receipt.

There are no lockers in DLP parks, so you can take small bags with you on rides, even the coasters. We take a small backpack/ rucksack to carry jumpers/ brolly/ waterproofs etc.or suncream and small battery fans in the summer.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,514 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving Monday 17th May and need a few ??? answered

The recommended age for Quatre Rallye is 3yrs and over, but it depends on how big the child is, and how brave.

Havant, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving Monday 17th May and need a few ??? answered

Thanks for the replies I'll print the link off to look as its far to confusing on its side. He is only 2 next week but bigger than his cousin who is 3 so Im sure he will go on the rides he loves them.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,514 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving Monday 17th May and need a few ??? answered

Yes, it doesn't help reading it sideways or upside down! You can pick them up along with the park maps at both park entrances- they have them for different languages.

Have you seen the maps online?

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/map/

dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/disneyland-park/map/

dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/…

dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/disney-village/map/

Or click on Disney's Interactive map.

…disneylandparis.co.uk/disneyland-park/lands…

7. Re: Leaving Monday 17th May and need a few ??? answered

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2010, 06:21