We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HB standard and HB plus

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
414 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
HB standard and HB plus

if i add on hb standard how much extras will i pay in resort per ad n per ch to do a character meal ( evening at cafe mickey) and for buff bill??? same again with HB plus!!!!

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
414 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HB standard and HB plus

bump 2 top

kerry,ireland
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HB standard and HB plus

Hi,

According to the brochure HB standard is €24 per adult €10 per child

HB plus is €30 per adult €12 per child (this was €22 per adult when i booked it must have gone up in the past few weeks)

Billy Bobs wild west show costs €47 per adult €36 per child for category 2 seating OR €59 per adult €48 per child for category 1 seating.

depending on what dates you go. they are a higher price for december 15 2010-January 4 2011 (according to online brochure)

Cafe mickey costs €32 per adult €16 per child

-----------

So according to all that info if you buy HB standard you will be expected to pay €23 per adult and €26 per child for category2 seating at Wild west show with your vouchers

OR €35 per adult €38 per child for category 1 seating at Wil west show with your vouchers.

At Cafe Mickey you will be expected to pay €8 per adult and €6 per child with your HB vouchers

-----------

If you buy HB Plus you will be expected to pay €17 per adult €24 per child for category 2 seating with your HB vouchers

OR € 29 per adult and €24 per child for category 1 seating with your HB vouchers.

AT Cafe Mickey you will be expected to pay €2 per adult and €2 per child with your HB vouchers.

Cafe Mickey and Billy Bobs Wild west show are only covered by HB Premium vouchers. (€50 per adult €19 per child)

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HB standard and HB plus

Hi,

Further to Catriona's reply, if you use your half board vouchers to pay for a more expensive meal in a higher category restaurant,they take them at face value, so it is like paying by cash. You DO NOT just pay the difference between the cost of Standard/ Plus/ Premium HB as these are special prices with the whole meal being covered by a voucher. You will pay the price on the restaurant menu, minus the value in euros of your voucher.

Disney brochure prices are discounted prices, not what they charge in resort. BBWWS is more expensive if you book it when you get there at their ticket office, not the price in the Disney brochure- that is only for advance bookings made through Disney, and you cannot use your voucher towards that as it is added to your holiday booking. If you want to use your voucher towards the cost, you have to book it when you get there at BBWWS, and they will accept the voucher at face value.

All the Character meals are more expensive in resort than if added to your package before you go.

So it's hard to tell how much extra you will pay, as it depends on that particular restaurant current prices, what you order, how many drinks you have ( as not included ) and how much your final bill comes to.

Some restaurants may let you use more than one voucher per person towards the total cost of a meal, but that depends on the manager and what he/ she allows. Disney rules are actually 1 voucher per person per meal either in full or part payment.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HB standard and HB plus

The way to be sure of what extra you will pay, is to ask Dining Reservations when you book your table. They can tell you how much Cafe Mickey is at present, and how much extra you will have to pay using your voucher. Cafe Mickey full price will be more expensive than with a Premium voucher.

Same goes for the other restaurants higher than your category.

We like Blue Lagoon for example. Just a main course there is over 25€. With starter, main and drinks you are looking at 50€ minimum for an adult 3 course meal.

Half Board Plus covers it for 29€ ( or 30€ if it has gone up again.) I was told it would be 29€ until 8th November.

So using Standard voucher would be approx 50€ minus the 24€ voucher face value, so you woud pay 26€.

Restaurant prices in Disney must have gone up a lot in the last 6 months, as the Cheyenne/ Santa Fe buffets were 21.95€ adult and Plaza gardens buffet was 22.95€. Both Standard category, but the voucher is now 24€ in the new brochure. So either restaurant prices have risen, or you don't save as much as before or indeed anything by booking HB.

We need some current restaurant prices from posters please!

Edited: 29 June 2010, 14:28
Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
414 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HB standard and HB plus

thank u guys!!!!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HB standard and HB plus

I have added this thread to the Top Questions box under the Half Board Dining question.

kerry,ireland
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HB standard and HB plus

Figgy I will fill you in on Cheyenne price when i get back! 2 more sleeps!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HB standard and HB plus

If you can add any new prices to the ' Prices' thread, that will be very helpful.

I hope all goes well, and you have a Magical time.

9. Re: HB standard and HB plus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 06:17