We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats new??

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
414 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Whats new??

Hi

I last went to DLP in Nov 2008. I am wondering whats new??? has anything changed??

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats new??

Hi vjcc,

Do you mean in the parks or in general?

The best way to see what has changed in the parks is to look at the maps online, so you can see things that you do not remember. DLPMagic seem to keep up to date pretty well.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/

My DS2 went to DLP for his 18th birthday at the end of November 2008, and Tower of Terror was now open, so did you see that? Crush's Coaster was also a new ride around that time think.

HISTA 3D show has been replaced with the original Michael Jackson Captain EO 3D in Discoveryland. Not sure how long this will be on for - I think we need a brand new 3D show there, Captain EO is showing its age, and does not seem very popular.

Obviously Toy Story Playland in the Studios is new, and they are now building a new Ratatouille ride behind Crush's Coaster. Monsters Inc Scream Academy is also in the Studios.

The area inside the exit of IASW has been changed into a Meet and Greet/ photo area for Disney Princesses, instead of having to meet them outside in the cold in winter months.

Character Tea is now in Cowboy Cookout instead of Lucky Nugget Saloon. Character lunch buffet is still in the Lucky Nugget though.

They did not have a show in the Chapparal Theatre this summer, which was disappointing, but still have the ice skating show for Christmas season, and I think they keep this going for a while into the New Year.

As from 6th April, Mickeys Magical Moments takes over from New Generation Festival, with a new show featuring Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice, with the Disney Princes and Princesses. Good to see a show with traditional Characters - I think this will be very popular.

Some dining has changed - Cafe Mickey is now Plus category, not Premium. La Grange buffet in Billy Bob's is now Standard instead of Plus.

Sunday Character lunch is in The Steakhouse in the Village.

Earl Of Sandwich restaurant is being built opposite Cafe Mickey in the Village, by the lake, due to open this Spring.

Hurricanes nightclub in the Village closed down. There are plans to build a new huge Disney store in the Village, and also a new resort near Davy Crockett Ranch, a bit like a huge Center Parcs.

Disney are refurbishing their hotels, and Santa Fe hotel now has a CARS theme. The large Drive In Movie board at the entrance now has a CARS picture instead of Clint Eastwood. Sequoia Lodge may be given Bambi theming, but not confirmed - just a rumour.

There are new Characters to meet in the parks as well. Details will be on the parks programmes.

For news of what is happening in DLP see these links. You can read previous posts to see what has been happening there.

Things are frequently changing, so I can't remember exactly what has happened in 2 years!

http://www.dlrptoday.com/

http://www.dlp.info/News/

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats new??

I have just noticed that in the new brochure from 6th April, Lucky Nugget Saloon Character buffet is not listed, nor is Character Sunday lunch at The Steakhouse.

The only places listed for Character meals are Inventions, Auberge De Cendrillon, Cowboy Cookout, Cafe Mickey, and the BBWWS dinner show.

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
414 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats new??

Thanks Figgy!!

Brilliant Info!!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats new??

Also......

The Manhattan, Beaver Creek Tavern and Yacht Club table service restaurants in New York hotel, Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay also now offer Plus category menus.

5. Re: Whats new??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2011, 06:18