We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ride Closures - May 2011

Altrincham, UK
Level Contributor
213 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Ride Closures - May 2011

As I am due to go to DLP last week of April, I have been very interested in ride closures.

Have just looked again and although I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, the ride closures are now on the calendar for May on the DLP website (although opening hours aren't yet). I think there will be a lot of disappointment for people travelling in May. Quite a few rides popular rides will be closed.

I for one am gutted when Big Thunder Mountain goes "technical" so would be positively suicidal if I was going between 9th and 27th May!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ride Closures - May 2011

We're in DLP too from May 17-19 too. I hope none of the rides we want to go on are closed on those dates.

Fingers crossed!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ride Closures - May 2011

Thx Mrs V32 for highlighting this.

I just checked the sched too. My family will miss out on the Orbitron and the Toy Story Parachute Drop (a pity, because my boys are such Toy Story fans). We wouldn't have done Big Thunder Mountain anyway, the boys are still too small for that.

I hope your plans aren't affected too badly.

All the best :-)

Edited: 17 March 2011, 07:38
UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ride Closures - May 2011

where can i find out this info.. we travel between 27th and 30th may

thanks

Altrincham, UK
Level Contributor
213 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ride Closures - May 2011

Hi spdp

On DLP website, go to what's new. There is a drop down box. Click on calendar. It will show you March hours at the moment. click the forward arrow through March to April to May. The opening hours are not showing yet but if you click on your arrival day where is says "more", you will see which rides are closed. Looks like the only ride closed for all of your stay is Orbitron.

Hope it doesn't disappoint too much!

Christchurch
Level Contributor
416 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ride Closures - May 2011

dlrpmagic.com/calendar/…

6. Re: Ride Closures - May 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 07:16