We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atms.........

nottingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Atms.........

are apparantly in good supply,but do they let u use maestro debit cards?..am planning on taking few euros for 1st day, but dont want take all spending money that way ,incase lose it. considered a prepaid card (used one before), but if can use maestro theres no need.If can use my card in atms,how much is the daily limit?.

thnx in advance for any info.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,025 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atms.........

If your debit card has the Maestro logo, you can use it at any ATM. The daily limit is set by your bank.

nottingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atms.........

thnx. ill check with my bank that my daily limit is the same as it is here. expect it will be but better safe than skint.lol

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,472 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atms.........

I work with ATMs, they can sometimes keep your card, bad enough in your own country, but abroad. I wpuld doubt if anyone at DLP would be able to help you if that happened. What I am really saying is don't put all your eggs in one basket.

nottingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Atms.........

hmmmm good point, it happened to me recently at home.........think ill spread cash around in various accounts........good advise there thnx.......

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,615 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atms.........

If you are staying in a Disney hotel, there are safes in the rooms. We take euros with us, but only take so much with us each day. You can also pay using the hotel Easy Pass like a chargecard, and pay at the end of your holiday.( say that you want to do this when you check in, and they will take your card details ). We also take our bank and credit cards in case of emergencies.

nottingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Atms.........

dont know where we stopping yet.lol...........am guessing we on a mystery tour.........lol......shall be ringing holiday company tom cos times ticking on,go on aug 8th n dont know any details yet......does the easy pass charge commision on top of your expenses?.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,615 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atms.........

You can only use Hotel Easy Pass like a chargecard if you are staying in a Disney owned hotel. There is no extra charge for doing this. You can either pay yourself on the last day before checking out, or they can debit your bank card automatically with the total amount spent if you prefer to do Express Checkout.

Have you booked with a Disneyland coach trip like Leger or Newmarket? Some stay in one of the Disney budget hotels like Santa Fe or Cheyenne, but others can stay in hotels outside resort and are transferred by coach each day to the parks.

They usually say where you are staying though!

Edited: 22 July 2011, 01:19
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,615 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atms.........

When we go in summer, I usually wear a bumbag for money, park tickets, camera etc and carry a small bag for suncream, brolly, jumper for the evening, video camera, and plastic mac.

You can take bags on rides with you, but make sure they zip up, so things don't fall out, especially on coasters! RC Racer has bag storage by ride boarding, and a pocket for a small bag in front of each seat on the ride.

nottingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Atms.........

booked thru coach tours,hol with goldcrest tours. STILL dont know whats what.shall be bugging them big time on monday 1st thing. only thing we know, is that, yes it will be a budget hotel, we not bothered by that as long as its clean....dont even know yet what time we travel from home, need find out so can sort my doggy sitter out.lol............tours a 5 dayer, guessing mon n fri just be mainly travelling (which im dreading cos went dover last week n took ages cos major roadworks)...........tues n wed in disney. and thurs in paris with river boat tour..........hoping for a good holiday.........

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,615 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atms.........

If you are staying in a hotel outside resort, hopefully they will get you to the parks early. I suggest that you start planning your two days there, read about the rides/ attractions, and study the park maps so you will know where things are, so you don't waste time on arrival.

They usually let people into the Studios from 09.30, to begin queueing for rides - most will go straight to Crush's Coaster, which will have a long queue all day. This can be up to 2 hrs. If you can' t get here early, leave this ride until the end of the day.

Guests staying in Disney hotels can enter the DL Park from 8am, so this depends where you are staying. Other visitors are allowed into Town Square and Main Street from 9am, but cannot access rides until 10am.

The parks will be crowded, but you can get a lot done with planning, and using Fastpass where possible. The Sudios will close at 7pm,and the DL Park at 11pm after Fantillusion electrical parade and fireworks over the castle.

If you have 2 park hopper tickets, you can go over to the DL Park after the Studios has closed. Ride queues are usually shorter when a parade or popular show is on, and quite a few people seem to leave the park after Once Upon A Dream parade.

With only two days, and high crowd levels, I suggest you eat in fast food restaurants outside the busy times, or make advance dining reservations for the buffet restaurants which are all you can eat, as table service will take more time out of your day.

You can see the parks programme now, which will be the same in August, and up to 4th September.

…disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN/Neutral/Images/…