We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you use facilities in other disney hotels?

Liverpool, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
can you use facilities in other disney hotels?

Hi were staying in Santa Fe in March, which has no swimming pool, does anyone know if we could use the pool facilities in the other disney hotels?

Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
903 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you use facilities in other disney hotels?

No, this isn't possible. Swimming pools are only accesible with your Disney Hotel Easy Pass, which in your case is one from Santa Fe and not Sequoia Lodge/Newport Bay/New York/Disneyland hotel, so they won't allow you to go in.

Besides, if this was possible, why woud anyone bother booking a more expensive hotel? ;) Most people book these because of the pool, especially during summer. Would be a bit of a rip off for them if people in the other hotels could come swimming too.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Newport
Newport
Southern Wales, UK
York
York
North Yorkshire, UK
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
6,993 Reviews
Chessy, France
Liverpool, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: can you use facilities in other disney hotels?

thanks for the reply, i just wondered, i am going with my 22 year old daughter and we were not to bothered about a pool, but my sister and her two young girls 9 and 6 are now joining us, so i was just curious, thanks anyway. Have you stayed in Santa Fe is it quite far from the parks?

Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
903 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can you use facilities in other disney hotels?

Yes, you can find my review here: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g226865-d262…

It's not far really. We always took the shuttle bus from the hotel to the parks. It's about 2 minutes or something, I don't think you'll get to 5 minutes. They come and go constantly so you'll never have to wait longer then 10 minutes for the next bus. We went when it was 30°C outside in August, and didn't miss a pool. There's a fan in the room which cools it down enough and you spend so much time in the parks that you'd barley find the time to go swimming anyway.

And since you're going in March you won't be bothered by a heat wave or anything, and I'm sure the kids will be entertained enough with the attractions and shows and everything.

Have fun and enjoy your holiday!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,279 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can you use facilities in other disney hotels?

Hi WillandPaula,

I also confirm that you cannot use swimming pools in other hotels. You can use the lounges, bars, hotel shop, and book restaurants in the other Disney hotels though, and also some sports facilities and the Spa in the Disneyland Hotel. There is also an artificial surface skating rink outside the Hotel New York if operating when you are there.

The Santa Fe is opposite the Cheyenne with the Rio Grande canal between. To walk to the parks you cross the bridge over the canal to the Cheyenne side, then follow the wide flat path which comes out at Lake Disney between the Sequoia Lodge and New York hotels. Then walk through the Village, passing the railway station and bus station where the hotel shuttle buses stop, and going through security checks before reaching both parks.

The walk takes around 15/ 20 mins depending on how quick you are. The shuttle buses go around every 10 mins, back and forth the hotel and bus station. These are not usually shared hotel buses, like the Associated hotels have.

What dates in March are you there?

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
6,993 Reviews
Chessy, France
York
York
North Yorkshire, UK
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,813 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can you use facilities in other disney hotels?

One advantage of the Santa fe is it's proximity to the petrol station, handy for cheaper snacks, drinks etc.

6. Re: can you use facilities in other disney hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2013, 10:21