We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffet dining at inventions

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Buffet dining at inventions

Just read some older reviews re buffet at inventions restaurant. Sounds lovely and although more expensive, worth the extra. Has anybody had recent dining experience there.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,185 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffet dining at inventions

Hi Elaine,

If you look at some of the recent trip reports in our TR sticky, some posters have eaten in Inventions. Each TR is described with where the poster ate, so you can easily find them.

I last are there in 2010, but we had the buffet lunch without Characters, which is cheaper, although the food is usually the same. You are paying extra for Characters at dinner.

Brinybrooo, Juliet1 and iluvmababyz all ate in Inventions recently.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…42275520

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,185 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffet dining at inventions

I'm not sure where you read old reviews - there are recent ones on TA.

LouHolt and LMR are also posters on this forum.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g226865-d1…

Edited: 20 July 2012, 04:44
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffet dining at inventions

Hi Elaine

We ate there in october and loved it. The buffet had an impressive selection, particularly seafood, and even my very picky DD ate well.

It was well worth the cost for the character interaction. Each character spent a decent amount of time with our DD and the CM's were very good at ensuring other children don't intrude and wait their turn.

We'll definitely return during our christmas trip this year.

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffet dining at inventions

We ate there last August and it was lovely, one of our favourite places.

There is so much choice on the buffet, both hot and cold and plenty of seafood as well.

the dessert selection is amazing.

If you eat here make sure you go in hungry.

We went in the evening and the character interaction was excellent, in fact one of the best places at DLP in my opinion. The characters spent plenty of time at our table and we didnt feel rushed.

we cant wait to eat there again on our next visit.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffet dining at inventions

Hello there, we ate at Inventions as a special final meal of our 5 night stay last December, 4 adults and 12 month daughter and had an amazing time. I have never been able to justify to myself the extra cost of staying at the DLH so it is perfect to soak up the atmosphere here without the full cost!! We like to have a cocktail/bottle of wine in the Fantasia bar before hand which is directly facing the restaraunt.

The food is beautiful, even for my very fussy father in law and picky daughter, a cold sea food station, hot french style food and then traditional kids stuff. For me its always the deserts I struggle to choose from....heaven! The characters reay do spend plenty of time at each table, there is never any other people, your kids will ge a real one to one experience! On my December I will definitly be paying the extra to take my mum as a treat. Hope that helped your decision...somebody else probably mentioned, book or you'll end up with eating about 10.30pm, which one cast member sumed up " a little late for you English, no?" Lol!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
384 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffet dining at inventions

We ate there in March, DH 4 kids and I. We had lunch as my DD gets nervous of the characters up close. We had a great time browsing DLH before and after lunch. We were the first in and got a lovely table overlooking Main Street. Selection was delish, although DS2 I think had pizza and bread roll, followed by far too many desserts. An expensive but lovely treat.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,185 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffet dining at inventions

I was told by Dining Reservations, that the French tend to eat early, the English in the middle and the Spanish generally eat very late, which is why they stay open until around 11pm.

This is a very good review of Inventions with lots of photos from 2010. The poster had Sunday Character Brunch there.

They have different Character theming for Sunday Brunch, but the food buffet is generally the same.

disneyfoodblog.com/2010/…

I didnt see the Buzz Lightyear eclairs when I ate there, but we had the last seating time so maybe they had all gone!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,185 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buffet dining at inventions

Actually, it may have been English early, and the French in the middle - can't quite remember!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buffet dining at inventions

We went 29th june, the children were beside themselves with the characters and struggled to eat anything! But calmed down as they realised that the characters came round to each table.

We ate at 6.15 and it wasn't busy, it got busier later.

The food was good, the only person who struggled to find something to eat was my husband who is a fussy veggie who doesn't eat rice or pasta!

The rest of us went back to the hotel competely full.

Though we ate at the New York, parkside diner, on our last night and the buffet was pretty similar there was more seafood at Inventions but it wasn't a million miles away.

But for the children and the characters.......not to be missed!

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,185 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buffet dining at inventions

Inventions usually has the largest selection of different seafoods. The next best buffet for this is Cape Cod in the Newport Bay, and Hunters Grill also usually has some seafoods like unpeeled prawns. Parkside Diner is a smaller buffet than these, and when I ate there in January I didn't see any prawns or seafoods.

Edited: 23 July 2012, 22:25
Mentioned in this post
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Hunters Grill
Hunters Grill
1,134 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Parkside Diner
Parkside Diner
310 Reviews