We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

removed posts

Wales
Level Contributor
606 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
removed posts

Noti ced a few posts have been removed hope that we are all safe on here and its like minded excited about disney people sharing info and no one abusing that.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: removed posts

I've noticed too, perhaps it's the same person clicking 'inappropriate content' .

Weird, better mention disneyland paris before we mysteriously disappear!!!

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
724 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: removed posts

Well 'Disney' is a very taboo subject... Especially on a DLP forum!!! Lol x

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,977 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: removed posts

I have not seen many of these messages, but I suspect that the ones that are being removed are those that are neither asking nor answering questions about travel.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: removed posts

Actually, about 4 entire threads have been removed, each with the same OP asking about dressing as a princess, auberge de cendrillon, etc.

So, genuine questions but I suspect they were asked by someone regular visitors to this forum might recognise as using a few different user names, which is obviously against TR rules.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,495 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: removed posts

We do recognise the OP, she is well known to us and has used multiple names. She does have a learning disability and as much as we would like to help her, if she doesn't get the answer she wants, we are then accused of being cruel to her. No doubt she will be off to the next forum asking the same questions. This has been going on for about 2 years now. I have even seen her in action at DLP, and believe me , she could not be taken for a 7yr old.

Wales
Level Contributor
606 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: removed posts

Thanks i did notice some anomolies in one post re dressing up etc. The age and height posed didnt make sense. Thanks

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: removed posts

I agree with caspdex. We have been very patient with the person concerned, and answered their questions honestly, but they are not the replies that they want to hear. It does not help when someone uses multiple TA names ( which is against TA rules) and then they delete their own posts after people have replied.

This has been reported to TA, so they are aware, but it is not easy when someone has a learning difficulty. Other DLP forums have had the same problem with them, and are not always as patient as we are!

We do not often have deleted or removed posts on our forums, so we are lucky in that respect.

Edited: 04 January 2013, 05:20
Serris, France
Level Contributor
272 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: removed posts

What do you do when this person keeps coming back under various ids - They are back again under a 2nd id today ?

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,495 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: removed posts

Having seen her in the parks, she does have learning difficulties, so I still try and help her, however frustrating an exercise it proves to be. What really annoys me is the fact that if she doesn't get the answer she wants, she just takes the hump and dissappears for a few weeks, then turns up on other forums, or comes back here..I think she is barred from Magic Forum.

Serris, France
Level Contributor
272 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: removed posts

I've seen her in action on Magic Forum and she popped up on Disboards but didn't stay long. Don't know if she's tried Dibb.

It's rather sad and you have great merit being so patient as I know how annoying it is when people don't want to know an answer that's not what they want to hear.