We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs

thank you to figgygirl for the idea to start a thread for disabilities in disneyland.

it would be great if anyone who has travelled to disneyland paris with a disabled adult or child could add any tips to this thread.

our dd2 has autism. she has a special needs buggy as she refuses to walk in public. I was worried that she would have to come out of her buggy for restaurants, (as she gets very upset and her buggy helps her to feel safe) but ive been told that this is not the case and if you explain to the cm then it is fine.

there is also a pass you can obtain from city hall for rides and parades. we have not yet had one of these for our daughter as she was diagnosed after our last trip, so it would be great to hear from another poster who has used one of these to explain how they work.

I would really appreciate any tips for during the day from any other parents with an asd child.

thanks and hope evryone has a wonderful upcoming trip :)

620 replies to this topic
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs

Thanks for starting the thread ILMB. I've pointed some friends planning their first trip with their 4 yr old DS who has autism in the direction of the forum and I'm sure they'll pick up loads of useful tips.

Is this thread going to become a sticky?

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs

Hi we travel with my daughter(14) who has medical issues. She gets exhausted easily so we have easy access pass for her. Means we can have an hour burst of a few rides then have lots of rests on comfy sofas in Disney Hotel! Easy access pass has always worked very well for us. You go to exit of ride there is usually CM there or just wait a few minutes till one appears. Thunder mountain is usually busiest they give you a token and you have to wait your turn. Sometimes wait upto 30 mins.Last time we were there daughter had deteriorated quite a lot so we hired wheelchair we have Dream annual passes so this was free. There is very good first aid room in both parks they have proper little hospital set up with beds there. We've spent few hours in both and they're very nice and helpful. Not sure what other advice to give. Will add if I think of other tips.

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs

We got a pass for my daughter 11 who has autism ADHD, dyspraxia and severe learning difficulties plus along with all if that come anxiety. Waiting in a q is not an option. I have two boys as well 5 and almost 3. Th CM were great none of us got split up on a ride. She has coeliac disease too and disney provided a full gluten free breakfast everyday.

Disney has been the best holiday we have ever had! The only problem we had was at a random princess meet ( the only character we saw other than Mickey all trip!) because of her age and she is so tall she got shoved about quite alot and all the little girls got pulled up. I'm afraid dd shreaked at one woman for treading on her. But apart from that all brilliant!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs

its so nice to hear of other experiences it really keeps your mind at rest :)

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs

This is the link for the Disney guide book for guests with disabilities -

disneylandparis.com/BROCHURE/…

We also have a recent thread about the two different passes for visitors with disabilities - the Easy Access Card and the Disabled Priority Card, where some problems using the EAC have been discussed.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

Edited: 21 March 2013, 14:26
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs

I will put this thread in the Top Questions list on the Disneyland Paris forum, rather than this general Marne La Vallee one, as trying to keep Disneyland related topics in one place.

I can ask TA to make it a sticky on the DLP forum page, but posts MUST relate to this topic or TA will remove it!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs

link to a thread about buggy locks - essential for special needs buggys & wheelchairs

tripadvisor.co.uk/…48618726

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs

Useful link ILMB, thanks for adding.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs

Information and tips for sight impaired/ disabled guests posted by annmarie62 in September 2011.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k4…

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs

Post by ArranRose in July 2011 asking for a phone number to contact Disney regarding taking their Autistic son. They were put through to an English speaking CM in the Disabled Guests Dept who was able to answer their questions.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k4…

Reply to: Visiting disneyland paris with a person with special needs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted