We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What stroller/buggy are you taking to DLP?

Helsinki
Level Contributor
589 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What stroller/buggy are you taking to DLP?

We have a Bugaboo bee, but I would rather not take it since it's so expensive and I wouldn't want to worry (we will have a bike lock but still..).

So was thinking of getting a Maclaren Volo or Globetrotter. Now, my son is 4,5 years old, around 15 kg and 107cm tall (by October it will be around 110cm or so).

What do you think of these 2? Have you tried the Globetrotter? We just want a comfortable buggy for around the parks.

Thanks.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What stroller/buggy are you taking to DLP?

Hi Lumikello

We've got the volvo and love it. It's relatively lightweight and easy to steer. DD is really comfortable in it and can still nap in it if need be.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
589 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What stroller/buggy are you taking to DLP?

Thanks, Lelly. Do you have one of the new ones (the ones that came out after the recall)?

It's so damn hard finding volo's, will have to order from Germany (not even amazon has them anymore), i guess because maclaren declared bancrupcy in the US.

read also great reviews online and its not that expensive (in the worst case somebody scenario)..

we love our bugaboo (it was a gift from grandpa) but i would bet its a magnet for thieves.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What stroller/buggy are you taking to DLP?

We've got the version from before the recall, but they did send us free hinge covers and - fingers crossed- no mishaps so far. I'd be wary of taking the bugaboo too - my friend had hers stolen from outside the baby clinic!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,870 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What stroller/buggy are you taking to DLP?

I think any decent comfortable buggy is sadly at risk from theft in resort, so just make sure it is well secured with bicycle or special buggy lock and you should be fine.

They will target ones that are not.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 01:58
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What stroller/buggy are you taking to DLP?

We have an Obaby Monty for travels, it has lap bar which doubles as cup holder and food tray for snacks, which means don't need the straps for small journeys so she can hop in and out and MASSIVE basket underneath for all the stuff and large hood. Love it and only buggy daughter been happy to get in. I would not take my expensive buggy anywhere, if only for the damage that may occur with the baggage handlers on the plane. I have had two damaged in transit now....

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What stroller/buggy are you taking to DLP?

We went to an aquarium theme park in Portugal yesterday, you should have seen the looks I was getting when I was putting the lock on my buggy....felt like saying if they get stolen at disneyland I'm sure it could happen here, lol!!!!!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,870 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What stroller/buggy are you taking to DLP?

I think it could happen anywhere LKA - hope you are having a lovely holiday!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,821 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What stroller/buggy are you taking to DLP?

Sounds like you're having a great time LKA! I don't blame you for locking your buggy!

Brierley, United...
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What stroller/buggy are you taking to DLP?

We have just bought a Mamas and Papas Luna in scarlet red, hopefully will make it easier to spot in the ocean of buggies. We will have a bike lock too that we will loop through the wheels.

Last time we took a Silver Cross Pop and it was awful, horrible to steer. The Luna is light, super easy to steer and lays back easily too for naps.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 12:52
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What stroller/buggy are you taking to DLP?

That sounds lovely Cherry :+) Agree about the Pop - of all the (many) buggies we've had it was definitely the clunkiest.