We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 27th July - 4th August

Lancashire
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report 27th July - 4th August

Enjoy, it will take some time to read and write ( sorry if I go on too much)

Trip report

Travellers: me ( mum), dh, dd 4 and ds2.

Our adventure began with a long car journey on sat 27th from Lancashire to ashford. We stayed at the travelodge on eureka park. Brilliant location for evening dinner and the room was just what the 4 of us wanted. Comfy and clean, beds already set up for us!

We set the alarm on sunday for 5am, all woke up and dressed by 5:45am. We were booked on euro tunnel for 7.20 but as we got there early we were put on an earlier train. Result! A very smooth and quick journey. After this we spent 3 hours on the road to dlp. Very easy to travel, will be doing it again for sure.

We arrived approx 11:30am. We went to get park tickets etc and were told to come back to get to our room at 3pm :-( So off we went to Disney village for a mcds. We strolled back to the hotel to chance our room, luckily it was ready. We had paid for a lakeside view and were put on the 7th floor in a golden forest room right by the lift. It was perfect. Amazing view and very quiet.

So at 3pm we headed to meet our friends in the dl hotel so we could start with the decent of the stairs. It was perfect. Down came Snow White, aurora and her prince, Pinocchio, Donald, goofy, Pluto and mickey. My dd was as high as a kite but ds was happy to watch from his buggy ( a theme that followed til the last evening). Lots of photos were taken. Our friends went back to the lodge as they had been up since 2am on a flight. We headed into the park, it was very warm and we quickly realised we had left sun cream a the hotel! We had a ride on its a small world as queues were quite big. We ate at bella note( sp) which was ok but not to the kids liking ( too excited I think).

We found a place just outside and got ice creams ready for the parade at around 6:10pm. Both kids were buzzing. Ds was almost jumping out his buggy with excitement. Dd got a high 5 from eyore! What a show to watch. As it finished we dashed to the carousel which was a Walk on. Perfect!

W decided to head down mainstreet to soak up the atmosphere and back to the hotel to try get sleep before up for EMH.

DAY 2. Monday

Alarm call from mickey at 6:30am was a novelty for dd and we were all up and dressed by 7:15. Because we were there for 6 nights we had an easy access breakfast pass. Result!

We were at the park for opening and did buzz, dumbo x2, carousel, teacups, peterpan all by 9:10. I headed for the old mill to join the princess pavilion queue. I was 8th in the queue. I go talking to 2 lovely ladies and we put the world to rights which made the time pass by. I had a 10:45 slot so was at the front of the real queue in the pavilion. We said that dd had me Snow White at dlh ( she wouldn't go see aurora as the prince was there). Aurora was her given princess ( Snow White in the other room). She loved this as she was in her aurora dress. Magic times and we bought the beautiful photos.

On leaving here we did iasw and the storybook ride. The park was super busy so me friends and headed to hakuna Matata for lunch. Went down well with everyone! The dads then queued 45 mins for big thunder mountain, me and my friends tried to get the kids on phantom manor. We made it to the 2nd room when the eldest bottled it so we had to leave, my dd had started crying too but my ds 2 was ok haha. We timed it well as the 20th anniversary train had just set off. We stopped and watch, with a front row seat.

We went back for showers and then made our way to cafe mickey. As we were in the queue hubby bumped into a work colleague.... So random..... We met him later for a drink a the sports bar.

What a brilliant night. We read mixed reviews but it was fab. The characters and cms were brilliant with us all. We met mickey, Minnie, goofy, Pluto, Pinocchio, gepeto. Food was great. The 4 of us shared a pizza, 2 garlic bread and chips. This was too much!

A great day had by us all. Bed by 9pm to get set for EMH and the studios the next day.

DAY 3 Tuesday to follow

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 27th July - 4th August

Fab TR Mum2, can't wait for the next instalment!

Xx

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report 27th July - 4th August

Really enjoying this so far, looking forward to more!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report 27th July - 4th August

Loving this, you must have had the same Eeyore as us as my sister got a hug from him too in the parade =]

Edited: 04 August 2013, 22:11
South East England...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report 27th July - 4th August

Ah lovely, can't wait to read more!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report 27th July - 4th August

Next instalment

DAY 3 Tuesday

We had another early breakfast and headed for EMH. we did buzz x2, I watched with ds as the rest did orbitron. Then the dhs did space mountain.... Dh doesn't usually like upside, loopy rides but loved this. We then headed to the studios.

We managed to walk on 2x to flying carpets then went into animagique. The kids (and adults) were mesmerised! Then it was time to join the queue for stitch live. This was super funny, all adults were on edge so not to be picked on.

We ate at the front lot cs ( can't remember the name). Cs seemed expensive In comparison to restaurants. My friends went off their own way and we went ours as the kids were tired, we bumped into buzz but dd refused to go near him so I took a pic of her in ds buggy! After this we did a bit of shopping then went for a siesta!

All of us woke up feeling refreshed and met our friends for dinner in hunters grill. It was a lovely buffet with enough choice for us all. I even sampled a glowtini. Mmmmmmm Then it was off to the park to watch dreams. We had a wander and managed pirates of the Caribbean 2x as it was a walk on. We settled for dreams with popcorn, drinks etc and my dd telling us she didn't want to have a late night and was only stopping for half of it. Needless to say she didn't speak til the end. An outstanding show! Whoever came up with this deserves a medal! Off we went to bed in the hope of a lie in!

Day 4 Wednesday

We managed to sleep til 8am so took our time getting ready. We were in breakfast for about 9.20..... On the way we stopped for dd to have a photo with eyore ( too cute). As we didn't have any plans for the day we decided to go to the studios again to try catch some more shows. We were in there after 10.30 so went straight to the team tour which was a 15 min wait. Dd took a massive strop as she didn't want to get wet. I told her it was rock n roller coaster and she was happy in that thought. After she got over the shock of the water we went quickly to action moteurs. Ds was in his element as he loves cars. Seeing lightening McQueen sent him squealing with delight.

We then walked over to playhouse Disney. The kids loved this but sitting on the floor gave me and oh dead legs. Before we managed to sit down people were nearly sat under us! We took some fab pictures outside with the photos on the wall. As we hit the area outside there were lots of meet and greets going on. Woody, Ariel, Mary poppins and Snow White. We decided to go to toy story land and went on slinky dog (20 min wait) and oh and dd went on cars ride (15 min wait).

The kids had fun spending their money in the shops. I decided that an early dinner was in order as we had only had snacks for lunch. No sooner though did we mention food and ds fell asleep ( a pattern he seemed to have throughout the holiday). We sat in sports bar having drinks as he slept. We attempted dinner in king Ludwigs as kids ate free between 3pm and 7pm. But after waiting 15 minutes with no sign of service, not even a drink, we left and went to Annette's. the day ended with a lush cocktail called a Mesa verde in the hotel bar where we said au revoir to our friends who were on an early flight home the next morning.

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report 27th July - 4th August

What a wonderful report, so happy to read how exited your kids where(apart from around dinner time :) Thanks for posting!

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report 27th July - 4th August

Great tr, sounds like you had a great time. I know what you mean about your ds falling asleep in his buggy, my ds kept doing that last yea which never happens at home lol. Wonder if he will be the same when we go back in oct.... x

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report 27th July - 4th August

Glad to hear you got to sample some cocktails!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report 27th July - 4th August

Would have been rude not to sample a couple of cocktails. Our kids just had a ball all week. A couple of melt downs but only to be expected.

My ds is still excited now. Bless them!

Will post the rest later if I can

Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report 27th July - 4th August

This is a brilliant TR, I'm thoroughly enjoying reading this and some great tips in here too!! Thanks so much and do glad you all had an amazing time 😊