We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal dilemma,

manchester
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Meal dilemma,

So sorry. I know there are thousands of post about the meal plan but im just totally confused. Lol.

We go to Cheyenne in April, me, hubby, daughter who is 6 and our 2 boys who are 3 and 18 months by then.

I was really wanting to book full board and get the meals out of the way as I really wanted our spends to be on our treats and meals to be sorted.

id decided all this after months of dilemma, only to find now they have brought out the prices for 2014 there is a massive difference!! haha.

For our family, the standard hald board is £264 for 4nights, and full board is £464. So £200 for 4 lunchs?? The difference wasnt that big when i had been estimating. Lol.

So now im confused. Is it a total rip off to book full board? Ive just read on here it now includes a tea time treat voucher. So is that only if you book full board? And does that come seperate to your meal and drink in the evening?

Me and my hubby do love our food. As do our kids. Ha. And i dont think Breakfast then just tea would suit our family. But im wondering how much it would cost if i booked half board then went over to earl of sandwich or mcdonalds everyday. As these seem to be the cheapest option for lunch.

And also i keep reading that some of the counter service restaurants arent open so could i potentially be stuck with lunch vouchers or would there always be something to eat? So confusing.

Any help appreciated xxxx

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,798 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meal dilemma,

Hi Litton, £200 is a bit much for lunch! I'd go for half board and, as you say, eat at EOS and McDonalds for MUCH cheaper lunches.

There would always be counter service places open for lunch, but as they don't often give notice of which ones will be open, it could be a real pain when planning.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,459 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meal dilemma,

We have never gone full board, and probably never will, mainly because we usually go to RFC or Planet Hollywood at some point.

manchester
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Meal dilemma,

Thanks. Having looked into to it a bit today i have found the treat voucher is on half board as well as full board so the £50 is literally lunch.

And also, the website says i can only eat in like 2 reasturants at night? Does anyone know if this is right on standard? xx

South Shields...
Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meal dilemma,

I've just added half board today for our trip in April. Could someone explain this treat voucher please? Will we get it and what it is etc

Thanks

I think breakfast, buffet meal & treat will be more than enough for us and wouldn't entertain the idea of full board as I'd feel like we'd waste so much time eating, but each to their own, it's whatever works for you x

5. Re: Meal dilemma,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 05:18