We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with easyjet to CDG

Uk
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
Flying with easyjet to CDG

Hiya just wondering if anyone knows can you take food in your suitcase?

I've read on here loads of people take food with them to Disneyland. But think most are travelling via Eurostar.

We are hoping to take crisps, squash, biscuits, cereal bars, cupa soups, pot noodles, chocolate, tea, coffee, sugar, hot chocolate etc.

We're are flying with easyjet. Will these items be ok in our suitcases?

TIA

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,510 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying with easyjet to CDG

As long as any liquids are in hold baggage and within the weight limit, you will be fine.

Uk
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying with easyjet to CDG

Brill thank you for quick reply caspdex :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying with easyjet to CDG

Yes they will be fine. We did exactly the same on our December trip.

Just a point but if you are coming home the gates for easyjet are in quite a small part of CDG so there was oly a Relay shop and a small cafe. The cafe didn't have much food left and the Relay shop closed around 9pm. We managed to get some tea but there wasn't a lot of choice. We said if we didn't it again we would make sure we had some snacks in our hand luggage.

Hope you have a fab trip.

Xxx

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying with easyjet to CDG

Yes, we positively stuff our cases with snacks if we're on a budget trip anywhere, but particularly DLP, never had a problem taking food with Easyjet.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,551 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying with easyjet to CDG

no one cares what you carry in your checked bag unless it violates some safety rule ie. combustible liquids for example

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
754 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying with easyjet to CDG

Hi I have found some super concentrated juice called go splash the bottle is only 75ml but makes 20 glasses of juice , you get black currant and orange they are sugar free and my kids love them , we plan to fill water bottles at breakfast then add some juice to save money on drinks in the parks .

They are also really we'll sealed and you can take them in hand luggage as they are less than 100 ml .

We flew easyjet last year and has crisps snacks etc in case there was no problem except crushed crisps .

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,116 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying with easyjet to CDG

Hi

When I used to take my mother abroad for a week I used to pack a separate rucksack with travel kettle, mugs, tea & coffee etc, snacks, and also bubble wrapped a couple of bottles of the squash that she liked. Then we shared 2 suitcases between 3 of us so we still only had one hold luggage each. That way if the squash leaked it wouldn't spoil our clothes. The tesco concentrated squash bottles are not very big.

We filled one small bottle with neat squash when we went out and she added it to a second small bottle of water as needed so it lasted all day.

If the drinking water fountains in the parks are working they are perfectly safe to use and fill bottles or make up squash in kids beakers. In very cold weather they may be turned off.

Bottled water is cheaper in Chessy station and in the petrol station shop near hotel Santa Fe.

Those very small highly concentrated bottles sound a good idea!

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying with easyjet to CDG

All right, I'll bite - what is "squash"? I take it that it's some type of drink, and not the vegetable (I was picturing people packing summer or acorn squash in their suitcase)?

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,510 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying with easyjet to CDG

It's a British staple

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squash

Edited: 17 January 2014, 05:05
Chicago
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying with easyjet to CDG

Thanks caspdex. Thought it had to be something like that. I haven't been to Great Britain in about ten years but was running around seeing things like a crazy person so probably never noticed it. I didn't really think that people were bringing vegetables with them lol.