We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lurker introducing herself

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
203 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Lurker introducing herself

Hi I've been watching n reading since we booked last yr but now thinking I should introduce myself! I'm a 53 yr old Nanna going for the first time in May half term with Daughter, Son in Law, and granddaughters aged 11,9, and 6. Staying at Sequioa Lodge golden forest for 4 nights! Getting mega excited now, the Granddaughters are beside themselves!

We have booked the princess dinner and a bit concerned as to what the kids will be given to eat the youngest will have a go at anything the eldest 2 are fussy! Will they be offered a simpler meal?

Also I love a glass of wine or 3 at the end of busy days but the prices in hotel are quite scary will I be able to take wine in my case for my room and will I get a fridge in room to keep it cool? I am sharing a room with the 11 yr old so am presuming it will be 2 single beds? Anyway look forward to chatting more and love reading your trip reports! X a very excited Nannna x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lurker introducing herself

Hi There Nanna and well done for jumping in!!

Not many kids eat well in Augerge but the experience is worth every penny. It is a set starter of salmon mouse which our wouldn't touch. There is a choice of mains which I think is chicken, salmon or a burger then they have a choice of pasta or mash. The pudding looked amazing and every bit of that went. On the up side there are lots of bread rolls on the table and they are yummy.

The first time we went I bought a box of wine in the duty free at Manchester airport which we had a bit of in the room every night once the kids had gone to sleep. However the last two times we have bought wine from the shop in the train station which is just outside the gates of Disney Village. Very nice wine and very reasonably priced. You will have glasses in your room but you will need to take a bottle opener.you aren't allowed to take alcohol into Disney Village and your bags are scanned as you go in. You can either get the bus to the hotel or hide it under your coat! The fridges aren't massive but you might get a bottle of wine in stood up if you take the shelf out.

The shop in the hotel also sells bottles of wine for 20 euros.

Hth

Xxx

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
203 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lurker introducing herself

Sorry if I sound a numpty but when you say disney village does that include Hotel? If so does that mean if I take a bottle of my fave wine from here I will be smuggling it in!

I don't know if I can cope with the guilt of smuggling in Minnie's presence lol

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lurker introducing herself

Ha ha no Disney Village is from World of Disney down to Cafe Mickey. If you go to the DLP website you will be able to find a map. The hotels are outside of this so Minnie will be none the wiser!

Xxx

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lurker introducing herself

The resort is made up of three sections - the HOTELS are mainly around the lake joining onto DISNEY VILLAGE which is a shopping and eating area you pass through on way to the two PARKS. You don't need any tickets to access the hotels and Disney village. As you pass through village from hotels to village and visa versa you bags go through scanner like at airport. The station is on your right after Annettes diner in the village. You can pick wine and cheaper stuff at a Spa type shop there. You will have to pass through security to walk back through village but if you have buggy just stick your purchases under there lol. I hsvr5 done it without any problems many times. Worse that could happen is they would redirect you on to one of the free shuttle buses back to your hotel.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lurker introducing herself

If you have standard gf room it will be two doubles

At two and almost three I ordered my daughter the chicken breast at auberge with the sauce left off - you could have potatoes veg rice or pasta with it so was in effect vary plain if you so wish. Dessert was a kinda posh baked alaska and I don't know any child who would eat that salmon starter but I can testify to it being very delicious!!

6. Re: Lurker introducing herself

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 06:19