We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not Sure Which Hotel To Book.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Topic
Not Sure Which Hotel To Book.

Hi ,

I am planning our 1st trip to dlp mid March next yr.

Thinking of booking the Newport Bay , Sequoia Lodge or New York Hotel.

I cant decide which Hotel. Kids would like a pool as we are staying for 6 nts.

Can anyone advise me which Hotel offers good views of the firework show.? ( Room numbers if known. )

We would love to see them from our room at nt. I am aware that we can upgrade to suites/ Club Rms / Admirals Floor / Golden Forest .Are these rooms worth paying extra for?

Do you receive A VIP Fast Pass for the upgrade?

Are the VIP Fast Passes worth it? Will it be busy ? We are arriving on a Sunday afternoon and leaving late Saturday.

Sorry for all the questions.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not Sure Which Hotel To Book.

The only hotel that would have a view is the Disneyland Hotel, having said that ,there is no confirmation that "Dreams" will be daily next year or not.

england
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not Sure Which Hotel To Book.

Hotel New York, Sequoia Lodge & Newport Bay are all around lake Disney. You wouldn't be able to see the Dreams show from any of them unfortunately.

As Caspdex says only DLH would have a view but you'd that would come at a rather large premium cost wise for a park view.

I love Newport Bay but i'd wait to book there until after it is all refurbished, it won't be done by next March although the restaurant & pool should be done along with some of the rooms. Admirals floor doesn't really offer alot of benefits other than a luggage service, rooms on the upper floors & separate check in desk. You can also order room service at cost.

Sequoia Lodge is popular & seems to get good reviews though haven't stayed there myself. It was fully refurbished with a subtle bambi theme & the golden forest club has seemed popular. It gives you a separate check in, a single use fastpass each day, a separate breakfast room & coffee machine in the room. It also gives you access to a lounge in the hotel which serves free soft drink all day & cakes at certain times. Standard rooms are in the lodges & montana rooms are within the main hotel.

Hotel New York is a bit closer to the parks. The rooms are a bit bigger & the breakfast includes hot items. The empire state club is good but is excluded from any discount/offers so is expensive in my opinion. We have a stay booked here in a standard room early next year and are really looking forward to trying it.

Have you had a look & seen which rides have a fastpass facility? There's only 9 I think, 10 when the new Ratatouille ride opens. Unless you're planning to ride only these on a very busy day I don't think the VIP fastpass is worth the additional cost. You get one included if you stay in castle club at the DLH but again those rooms are excluded from any offers & are very costly.

Seeing as you have 6days there should be plenty of time for you to do most things. Check your dates against the french school holidays & then you'll have an idea of how busy it'll be :-)

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Not Sure Which Hotel To Book.

Thanks caspdex for info .I dont think i would pay the £ for DLH as we are also planning a 2wk holiday in the sun aswell in July.

MagicKate i am still confused to which hotel to choose.Taking our budget into consideration. I like the idea of the Tea time treats in the GFC.,but is it not a long walk to pop back to the hotel for that sole purpose? If we eat around 6.30 - 7pm.will we not need t t t.

What time do most people dine for evening dinner ? We would prefer to dine before the mass rush.

Forgot to ask after the firework show 8 ish what is there to do? (out of season ) Are we limited to the Village area for shopping & eating?. Mind you are 2 could be tired & need early nts.

Or should i look at the Cheyenne .?

Thanks any info would be useful .

england
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not Sure Which Hotel To Book.

For us, at that time of year given the shorter park opening hours I know we wouldn't have made great use of the lounge as part of the golden forest package. In the end I chose new york because of it being closer, there being a hot breakfast on a cold morning & the bit of extra space I think we'll appreciate. Like you we're there for a longer stay. The downside to this hotel is it's not had its refurb yet & alot of people consider it to be more adult orientated.

Are you taking children?

When the park closes & dreams has finished there's the shops, village restaurants & bars, facilities at your hotel (pool), a cinema & a dinner show called buffalo bills.

The cheyenne is also very popular. The theme of it is very good with the cowboy detail & it's good value. Always remember with the price when you book direct tickets & breakfast are included.

The cheyenne is a further walk though, around 20mins & doesn't have a pool. You are only able to use the pool in the hotel you're staying at so wouldn't be able to go elsewhere.

we stayed at the santa fe before & although it suited our needs for that particular trip & there was nothing wrong we wouldn't return there for anything more than a 1night stay. It wasn't comfortable enough for us I'm afraid.

I love newport bay & we're going back there next month but whilst the refurb is underway it isn't ideal.

I'd consider your budget then choose between cheyenne, sequoia & new york based on the price you're happy to pay.

Realistically they're all nice & you'll have a fantastic trip!

england
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not Sure Which Hotel To Book.

Sorry I forgot you asked about eating times.

in march the main parade is likely to be on at 5pm & assuming dreams is still showing every night that's likely to be at 8.

Peak times for eating would then be between 5.30 & 7 with another rush at 8.30.

Did you have exact dates in mind?

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not Sure Which Hotel To Book.

Just a quick note to say we stayed in GFC last November and we could see the castle and some of Dreams (fireworks from our room) - obviously it's not a great view, there's no detail as such and you can't hear it but it was lovely to sit and watch out of the window. We had room 7245 I think (it's in my trip report). Also, we used the afternoon tea because we have a young child and we always needed to have a break in the afternoon before heading back into the park.

There's a couple of photos from our room in my set here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/94919004@N06/sets/72157638437104206/

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not Sure Which Hotel To Book.

Hi,

You can have a view of the top of the Castle from rooms on high floors in the Newport Bay, Sequoia Lodge and New York, but this relies on being able to get a room in this location. You will see some of the fireworks, and projections on the top part of the Castle, but at some distance, so not very clear. Certainly not like watching Dreams from inside the park. Park View rooms in the DLH are very expensive.

You would have to book Golden Forest Club and Empire State club in Seq Lodge and Newport Bay to have a room on a high floor, and lake view as well to be sure of facing the direction of the Disneyland Park.

Some posters had a park view in the New York, in a Standard room. Room 7207 has a view of the top of the Castle, space mountain, and the disney carpark.

The Cheyenne does not have a pool, and breakfast is more basic than the moderate hotels. Walking to / from the parks takes about 20 mins depending where you start from in the hotel.

I have photos of the New York, Seq Lodge, Newport and Cheyenne in sets on Flickr which may help. It comes down to price, and which theming you prefer, although NBC is currently being refurbished. The new rooms in East Wing should be open to guests from July / August but depends on any delays.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/figgygirl/sets/

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Not Sure Which Hotel To Book.

Sorry folks for only getting back now.

Magic Kate we are planning on going Sun 15th March - Sat 21 st. We are taking our 2 kids . 1 boy who will be 11. & 1 girl who will be 8. We will prob eat around 6:30 pm . Will you keep me posted re your trip to the Newport Bay? When are you going ?

Indigo Crush thanks for info re GFC i like the idea of the hot drinks . We could take our Thermos Cups with us in am . ( Is this done)

Figgy girl thanks for all your detailed info it is really useful. You have loads off pics. How many yrs have you been doing DLP.? Do you live nearby or just all from hols?Can you get a Family room to sleep 4 in the GFC. ?

I have flights booked .Just need to try to decide which hotel. It is going to be between the New York / Seq Lodge / Newport bay ( will the refurnishment be finished before next March) are they changing anything ? or just updating bedrooms?

Thanks again for all info

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not Sure Which Hotel To Book.

I wish I did live near DLP but sadly I don't! I live in the new forest near Ringwood. Pretty part of the country, and very nice sandy beaches a short drive away but too far from Disneyland! We started going as a family when the park opened and just got hooked. I think of it as my second home and just try to go as often as I can.

The Newport bay refurb could take up to 3 yrs to complete as it is a huge hotel. They are doing it in 3 sections - so currently east wing and the pools are closed. They have already refurbished parts of the hotel so now concentrating on the guest rooms. There are photos in our Newport bay refurb thread.

All the hotels rooms are mainly for up to 4 persons - it is more restricted if people need a room for 5 or more people. Most of the Disney hotels rooms have two doubles / queen beds. Some have just one Kingsize bed for 1-2 persons.

Rooms in the Cheyenne have a double bed and set of bunks.

Other hotels like the selected non Disney ones have rooms for 4 or family rooms, with doubles, singles, bunks or Kingsize beds.

Edited: 08 April 2014, 23:41
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Not Sure Which Hotel To Book.

As you have a son & daughter they may not want to share a double bed. The Disney hotels do not have single beds. Forum DE Jofar also has a son and DD similar ages to yours- she shares double bed with DD and their son shares with dad. It was easier for us as we have two boys.