We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reluctant visitor to Eurodisney

Hungerford, UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Reluctant visitor to Eurodisney

I am going to Eurodisney next week with relatives, and I am rather reluctant.

I am not into rides etc. it has been chosen to keep the children entertained.

What would people recommend seeing/doing?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,861 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reluctant visitor to Eurodisney

Get there early (ie right at opening time) so that you avoid some of the queues tht inevitably build up during the morning. Many of the 'rides' are more of an experience than a ride. Please do give them a go - try Star Tours and Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates of Carabbean for instance. And your party should get famliar with the fastpass system - use it to avoid some queing time.

A S
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
654 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reluctant visitor to Eurodisney

The nice thing about Disney (I have only been to Disneyworld in Orlando) is that is isn't just rollerocoasters and thrill rides. As the other poster stated, many of the rides are not frightening, but more focused on education or fantasy. The animatronics are terrific.

I know that Disney is criticised for being commercial, but try to let yourself be a kid, and simply enjoy things without worrying about their cultural value. Sometimes you should just have fun!

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
754 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reluctant visitor to Eurodisney

Pirates of the Caribbean. Phantom Manor. Star Tours. Three reasons why you will enjoy Disneyland. They are not "rides", they are masterpieces!

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reluctant visitor to Eurodisney

the car stunt show in Walt Disney studio's is fab, really well done........Honey, I shrank the kids is clever (get the headphones for the English lang) it's not thrilling but it is clever. We enjoyed Buzz l;ightyear, you shoot at the targets so it's a "doing" ride, the light parade and Wishes fireworks is really nice, amazing patterns etc projected onto the castle.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reluctant visitor to Eurodisney

...sorry meant to type Honey, I shrank the audience...

Belfast
Level Contributor
851 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Reluctant visitor to Eurodisney

The Walt Disney studios are probably a better bet than the Disneyland Park itself as it has loads of shows & activities and fewer rides

Animagique & Cinemagique are really great shows

The animation studios in super also, try your hand at drawing a disney character, great fun.

There is also the tram tour and as already mentioned the stunt show.

Don't forget the disney village it has a cinema, a permanent circus show and loads of shops & restaurants. Try Planet Hollywood its super.

There is also Buffalo Bills Dinner Show. Great for the whole family.

7. Re: Reluctant visitor to Eurodisney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 16:17