We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

live..ish tripreport, maybe..

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
live..ish tripreport, maybe..

Me and my sister Eleanor, 1 week staying at Hipark Serris.

Day 1

After a not so great sleep due to excitment, woke up about 9 am and got the last few bit sorted and soon 11 am came around and we made our way to the station. Journey down to London was smooth and on time, got into st pancras for about 1pm. Had about 2 hours till our Eurostar but by time we'd printed tickets, gone to the loo, picked up a starbucks and some food from pret it was soon time to go check in. Check in was super fast, we went to the end, bypassed everyone queuing with home printout tickets, straight to the scanning ticket machine (dont know what its called but you know what I mean?), through what seemed to be our own personal security, and then usherd to the right to a completly empty passport check, must have taken us 5 mins, if not less to get through it all. We did lose our starbucks straws in the bag check machine though but was all good, just went and got a couple from cafe nero. Neways found some comfy seats and waited about 30mins and then it was time to board. Had great seats, coach 5, seats at the end of the carriage by baggage so could keep a eye out.. I always get super paranoid about these things. As we left the seats next to us were empty so we had a row each so we made the most of it and got all comfy :) Journey was again super smooth and before we knew it we was arriving in Lille. Jumped of the train and into the main hall and 5 mins later they anounced our platform. Now me being the silly person I am for some reason had it in my head that we were in coach 5.. could be something to do with the eurostar being coach 5 but anyway we climbed onto the train, loaded luggage and found our seats, someone was sat in them, not wanting to make a fuss I just though we would sit in some other seats and if anyone came we would just move somewhere else. Anyways someone did come right at the last min, didnt matter though as the carriage was empty, probably about 8 people in the whole carriage so we just went and sat somewhere else. My sister then pipes up, arn't we supposed to be in coach 6!! Checked the tickets and yes we was. As the carriage was empty we just decided to stay where we was. That was untill we got to CDG, as we pulled up we noticed loadsss of people on the platform so we grabbed our things and made our way to the end of the carriage and decided to just wait there as knew it was only 10mins from cdg, good job we moved the carriage was now packed!! 10 mins later we were jumping of the train into Disney!! Felt sooo good to be home! Anyway crossed the road to find that the 50 hotel shuttlebus was in so jumped on and 5 mins later were at the hipark. First impressions, friendly staff and looks beautiful in reception but the room is tiny! I was expecting small as seen pictures but wow, it really is tiny. Anyways unpacked and then walked up to the shopping centre, therestaurants outside look beautiful so promised ourselves we would go have a meal there one evening. Walked though the shopping centre till we came to auchan and got some essentials, spent a good 1.30hours in there, the place is massive!!! Then we walked back via the carpark as the other half of the centre was now shut, even the carpark was nice, had nice music playing as we walked through it, felt so relaxed and happy, I want to live here!!! Anyways back to the hotel had a mug shot each as it was now 10.30 and hadnt had anything since lunch but too tired to cook. Made it to bed about 11.30 but couldnt sleep, its now 1.30am and i'm writing this, the wifi isnt working in the room so will be posted when I find wifi, if you are reading it, then yay I found some :)

Anyways more to come :)

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: live..ish tripreport, maybe..

Update, we are currently in Cafe Fantasia eating mickey waffles and hot drinks, its tipping it down outside!

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: live..ish tripreport, maybe..

Glad you arrived safely.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: live..ish tripreport, maybe..

Oh mickey waffles mmmmmmm. Wish real life was like Willy wonker and the chocolate factory so you could send me some waffles through my mobile haha

Can you remind me how much they are ?

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,695 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: live..ish tripreport, maybe..

Hope the weather picks up, have a fab time x

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: live..ish tripreport, maybe..

Mickey waffles - that's my girl!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: live..ish tripreport, maybe..

The Waffles were yummy, they cost (i,m curently writing this on a french typing keyboard and for the life of me cannot find the euro sign, found the $ and £ but not the euro.. ooo just found it its on the E.. duh) ... anyway yes they cost €8.50 and the hot chocalate was €6.10 and a pot of tea €5.10

Also if you want you can follow me on twitter @ambermchalmers for my disney pics, post through instagram but cant remember my insta name but theyre on twitter anyways :)

of to make some dinner in our little kitchen now so will update later :)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,798 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: live..ish tripreport, maybe..

A perfect way to spend a rainy hour or so, eating Mickey waffles! Looking forward to more updates!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: live..ish tripreport, maybe..

Day 2

Got up and dressed, grabbed a brioche on the way out and made it down to the bus and it started raining :( we were both dressed in summer dresses so back up to the room to put something a bit warmer on. Came back down and waited for about 10 mins and then onto the shuttle and off to disney we go. Got to disney for about 9.30. Felt soo good to walk through the gates and into main street. It really is the best feeling in the world. The old main street bus transport just pulled in as we got into the park so we went over and the CM asked if we wanted to sit shotgun so ofcourse we said yes :) driving down main street with the castle in our sight felt was so magical. We then went to wait for the annual pass place to open so I could renew my AP. There was only about 10 mins to wait and only a few people infront of us so as soon as it openes we were in and out pretty quick. After Els could feel a blister coming on the bottom of her foot so we went to the first aid/ baby care centre near Plaza Gardens to get a plaster and then made our way across to frontierland. We decided to ease ourselves in gently to the rides so started with big thunder mountain :/ anyways I forgot how good it is, well didnt forget but it always suprises my how much I love it never mind the amount of time we go on it. We then took a walk to trading post but it was closed so walked back to phantom manor. Another ride I love, said it before, i'll say it again, its so relaxing, though it did seem different this time, noticed more things than I usually do, may have something to do with the fact that I actually paid attension instead of just using it as a having a break ride :) When we came out it was really raining so decided just to go to the disneyland hotel and get some waffles. Walked up to the hotel and up to cafe fantasia and found some comfy seats. We ordered our waffles and drinks and I debated getting a glowtini but thought Id leave it till another day as was cold and wet and just wanted something warm. The waffles were lovely and we spent a good hour and 30 mins in there. We were sat by the window and the rain didnt stop once. We figured it wasnt going to pick up anytime soon and me being the idiot I am didnt actually pack anything warm or waterproof so decided to just go back to the hotel and hope it would pick up later. Checked the bus times and walked over to the bus stop, stoppingto hide in one of the gazebos in fantasia gardens on the way when a sudden spat of heavy rain came. Waited till it cooled of and then carried on to the bus. Got there with about 10 mins to wait. We waited, and waited and waited some more, finally after about 40 mins we just decided to go get some lunch in the village, it was still raining and we were freezing just sat there. Into the village we went and decided on Annetts. It was about 2pm now and there were only a few people waiting to be seated in front of us. Waited about 5mins and then we were sat. I ordered the blue cheese burger and asked if thier was any other veggie as els doesnt like tofu and that was the only veggie option. The waitress said she could order the kids fish and chips so she did. My burger was lovely though couldnt eat it all, be warned the portions are massive and els enjoyed her meal and was plenty. Sometimes think the kids meals are just as good as the adults. She was especially happy when she found out it was only 8.99 E which was great value ( not on the menu.. only kids meal deal was on menu but we ordered just mains) we also ordered a bottle of water to share and with the Ap discount the 2 meals came to about 27E. Then had a check of the bus timetable and realised id been looking at the wtong side.. was looking at the timetable from hipark hotel instead of disney.. hence why the bus didn't show, opppss. Anyways we had just missed the one, from the right side this time so thought were here now, its tipping it down, maybee.. the queue for remy wont be too bad. Forgot to mention Els saw the frozen snowglobe she has been wanting for ages so she bought that on the way to DLH. Anyways, walked into the studios and found our way to ratitoulie, its really like walking back into the centre of paris, but with rats everywere haha. Saw the queue for fastpass which was even longer than the normal queue, though the fp queue was saying 20mins, normal 80mins and single rider 20 mins. We really didnt feel like waiting in the rain and as we have a reservation for chef Remy on Thursday decided to ride it after that. As we were walking into the studios we noticed aladin only had a queue of 10 mins so went back to that, when we got there the queue was down to 5 when walked though it was down to 0 we litterally walked straight on to the ride. After it was finished we had a quick look around art of animation and then decided to call it a day, we were soacked and Els had her snowglobe so couldnt really go on any rides anyway. Walked back to the bus and had about a 20 min wait and then back to the hotel where we just chilled for a bit. It finally stopped raining, typically but still dark clouds in the sky, we have a pool view from our room and there were people actually swimming in the pool, though theywere mad, it was pretty cold today. Thats pretty much it for day 2, wifi still down in the hotel but they have some desktops downstairs they were letting people use so went on the computers a bit and then made us some dinner. Its now 1.30am and I actually don't know where the day has gone, went sooo quick!!

More to come :)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,798 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: live..ish tripreport, maybe..

Oh Amzmc, what rotten luck with the weather! Hope today is drier!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: live..ish tripreport, maybe..

Had a really good day today, got loads done including riding Remy twice and eating in the restaurant. The ride was AMAZING, loads better that I could have imagined. The restaurant was nice, the theme was soo good. The food was okay but don't think we would go again, lots of other restaurants we prefer. Enjoyed what we had but not much choice so nothing we would go back for. Glad we went though, it needs to be done purely for the theming :)