We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help

2 posts
Save Topic
Please Help

I have a massive trip planned starting in barcelona when i leave from barcelona i am arriving by train into Austerlitz Train Station. Are there any nice hotels close to that area. Also how far is it from centre city most specifically the eiffel tower...the problem i see is leaving we are leaving out of Paris Gare Lyon to go to milan. How far are the two stations from each other and if my hotel is close the austerlitz how can i get the gare lyon PLEASE HELp!!!!

Level Contributor
422 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help

Please do not title posts as "help" or "please help." This forum is for advice. Everyone needs help.

For hotel ideas, put "hotels paris gare d'austerlitz, france" in Google. Then, compare the reviews.

The Eiffel Tower (Metro stop: Champs de Mars-Tour Eiffel/Bir Hakeim) is deep in the heart of western Paris. Gare d'Austerlitz and Gare de Lyon are on the other side of the city.

The two train stations are actually quite close to each other. They are on opposite sides of the Seine.

Gare d'Austerlitz -> Gare de Lyon

You can take Bus 91 (Direction: Bastille) to Gare de Lyon. It takes 5 minutes and costs 1.60€.

Metro will work fine as well. Take Line 10 to Bastille (Direction: Bobigny), then change for Line 1 (Direction: Chateau de Vincennes).

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
52,107 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help

Excellent reply but why was the original question not in the 'Paris' forum? I might even have recommended buying a map of Paris before travelling.

Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help

Foix Forum?

Are you going to Foix?

4. Re: Please Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 09:18