We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for reasonable accomodation

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Raanana Israel
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
looking for reasonable accomodation

We are a family of 5 , who need somewhere to stay near Gardemoen Airport , in August, that is not outrageously expensive! We will be arriving about 24.00 after a long flight, and leaving for a flight to Bergen at about 06.00 the next morniing so we really only need a place to sleep!!

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,030 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for reasonable accomodation

I have found a couple of reasonable alternatives for you. They are not directly on the airport, but this one has a shuttle bus and is located some 4kilometers from the airport:

www.hotels-in-norway.com/index.jsp…

Another option is:

Gardermoen Hotell B&B

Hasselveien 1

2030 Nannestad

Tel: +47 63 93 00 50

However, this hotel has not specified any more information, but you may give them a call.

Hønefoss Norway
Level Contributor
944 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for reasonable accomodation

Well you shall have to be at the airport at 5 / 5.15 in the morning, means you have to get up at least 30 min before that to dress and find taxi, and you will not be in bed till 0100, max 4 hrs sleep !

Do check with the RadissonSAS, 3 minutes walk, before you think of the B&B mentioned. the Rica (www.rica.no) and the Clarion (www.choice-no) have free transport to the airport.

Stuttgart...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for reasonable accomodation

Best Western Fagerbourg in Lillestrom. Advertised to be 10 min to airport by airport express train. Has family rooms and I found it to be half the price of rooms at the airport.

I know you don't want to spend alot if you are only going to be in the bed for a short time!

Hønefoss Norway
Level Contributor
944 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for reasonable accomodation

check flytoget.no for train schedules. Last for Lillestrøm leaves 0036, you may not reach it, then maxitaxi only alternative, I guess 3-400 NOK. First dep from L in the morning is 0455, 20 min to apt. Too close in my opinion.

5. Re: looking for reasonable accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 21:15