We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GOR first timer 2D 1N

JesseB85
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
GOR first timer 2D 1N

Hi all,

My partner and I are looking to do the GOR over 2 days (1 night stayover) Late September early October. We only really have 2 days to do it, i know it will be a bit rushed but this is all we can do.

This is our plan and i want to get peoples assurance it’s okay...

Monday 30th Sept – Pick up hire car approx 8.30 – 9am from Melbourne CBD.

Drive Melbourne CBD to Torquey (30min stopover - look around grab a coffee)

Drive Torquey to Lorne (is it worth stopping here?)

Drive Lorne to Apollo Bay (stop here for lunch)

Drive Apollo Bay to Port campbell (stopping along the way at scenic spots)

Arrive in Port Campbell late afternoon - stay overnight (I have already looked and there is accom available at numerous places for this date)

Tues 1st Oct: Depart Port Campbell approx 9 - 9.30 am, drive back to Melbourne via the inland route. If we have time we will stop in Geelong for lunch as it looks to be on the way back...

We have a domestic flight departing Tullamarine at 3.20pm to Perth, so I’d like to be at the airport by 2pm. I was thinking if we arrived in geelong by 11.30 – 12, have a quick lunch, be back in the car by 1pm at the latest and go straight to the airport.

Is this okay? Im not worried about doing lunch in Geelong if it’s too rushed. Is this plan doable though? And any must sees from Melb CBD to Port campbell on day 1?

Thanks all in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Lorne
Lorne
Victoria, Australia
Apollo Bay
Apollo Bay
Victoria, Australia
Port Campbell
Port Campbell
Victoria, Australia
Tullamarine
Tullamarine
Greater Melbourne, Australia
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Geelong
Geelong
City of Greater Geelong, Australia
1. Re: GOR first timer 2D 1N

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 14:20
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,733 posts
1,753 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GOR first timer 2D 1N

Hi,

Your itinerary is doable but as you mentioned it will be rushed. Port Campbell is a good choice to stay overnight before heading back to Melbourne. Another vote for just stopping off where it suits you the most for lunch. It will also depends on how the traffic conditions are too regarding sticking to an itinerary.

Enjoy the GOR !

Mentioned in this post
Port Campbell
Port Campbell
Victoria, Australia
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
3. Re: GOR first timer 2D 1N

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 06:20