We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days 1 night trip.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
2 days 1 night trip.

Hi All, sorry if this question has been asked before.

I will be arriving at Avalon airport at 830am on 27 October. We will be renting a car and driving on straight to GOR. My plan is to stop along the various towns and have lunch in Lorne. I was wondering if it's better to stay over in Port Campbell or Apollo Bay?

We will then proceed to visit the 12 apostles the following early morning. Should we then proceed to Warrnamnool or should be return via the inland road from there as I need to be back in downtown Melbourne by 530pm on 28 October. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,335 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days 1 night trip.

Are you doing the GOR straight off an international flight, I wouldn't.

I included Warrnambool on one trip and not the other, it's really up to you and what you want out of the trip. For me the Apostles and other formations in the vicinity were the priority so we looked at ALL of them, some of them more than once :-) For that reason for us Port Campbell was the best place to stop.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days 1 night trip.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will be traveling from Sydney to Avalon Airport. Will be sure to make sure to get enough rest the night before. Plus there is 4 of us to rotate. Think will be fine

If I visit Warrnambool on 28th after going to the 12 Apostles in the morning, do you think I can still be back in Melbourne by 1730hrs? Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,346 posts
1,521 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days 1 night trip.

Another vote for Port Campbell.

4. Re: 2 days 1 night trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 06:21