We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunderland v Tottenham game

Which Sunderland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberystwyth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Sunderland v Tottenham game

Hi all - a small group of us are planning on attending this game on the 7th of April. We're all from Canada, all in our 30s, and this will be the first time we've been to Sunderland or gone to a football game in general.

I saw you can get tickets on the club site, but I was wondering if people have any advice on attending the game itself or what do to before/after. Even really basic stuff like 'how do you know what section to sit in' given that they divide up the fans (or so I've heard). We're just looking for any comments that might prevent us from ending up in a bad situation out of our own ignorance/stupidity.

Thanks!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunderland v Tottenham game

If you buy tickets through the club website you will be in an area for home fans - the Spurs fans should buy theirs through their own club and will be in the away fans area - that is generally how the system works.

Sunderland fans are usually friendly to anyone who wants to watch their team, just don't wear black and white!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
807 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunderland v Tottenham game

Agree with railenthusiast, when buying from the home club, you will be sat with the home teams supporters. Stick to bars occupied by Sundeland fans and you will be fine, and I am a Newcastle fan !

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunderland v Tottenham game

Also be aware that Sunderland fans in general do not like Newcastle fans, and vice versa! Local rivalry. Newcastle play in black and white -so best to avoid on the day of the match - Sunderland play in red and white.

Lou73

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunderland v Tottenham game

There will be plenty of pubs & bars open throughout the town (City). Will you be staying overnight in Sunderland & if so where? I will be able to direct you to some good pubs prior to the game where you can pick up some pre-match excitement from the locals.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunderland v Tottenham game

Hi if staying over I recommend the best Western/the roker hotel on the sea front. Will have plenty of home and away supporters with good bar food and plenty of pubs on the walk to the stadium.

6. Re: Sunderland v Tottenham game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 03:42