We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Réserve de la Mala or Eden Plage (Cap d'Ail)

New Haven...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
La Réserve de la Mala or Eden Plage (Cap d'Ail)

How crowded are they during or immediately after Grand Prix Weekend? I'm thinking about spending a day at one of these private beaches more than likely on the Monday after the Grand Prix. Does anybody have a history with either of these beaches during that particular time of year?

Also, if anybody can give me a ballpark figure of how much a day will run me for two adults? Definitely want Loungers and Parasols and Lunch with a drink or two. Should about 200 Euro cover it?

Thanks in advance

3 replies to this topic
New Haven...
Level Contributor
298 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Réserve de la Mala or Eden Plage (Cap d'Ail)

Bump

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,951 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: La Réserve de la Mala or Eden Plage (Cap d'Ail)

A menu from the Reserve restaurant is here...

www.capresort.com/reserve/index.php…

The beach at Mala is public but you can hire matresses and parasols from the Eden Plage. Their site indicates 22 euro and 6 euro respectively ( last year).

I cannot say how busy the beach or restaurant will be after the Grand Prix will be but the Mala Beach is exceptionally secluded ( for here) and not too easy to get to so only those in the know may make their way there. Fine sunny weather will obviously attract more.

A recent post indicated the Mala beach was sandy last september but I have my doubts - the normal quality is quite pebbly and winter storms play havoc - but in May new sand may be laid down ..

Ed

Edited: 27 February 2013, 08:45
New Haven...
Level Contributor
298 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Réserve de la Mala or Eden Plage (Cap d'Ail)

Thanks. I guess that would be the more cost efficient option. Rent the Parasol and Lounger and bring my own lunch and wine. I've been on their site a couple of times, but I always interepted that the lounger and parasol were for if you were "staying" on their private section only. Whatever the case, thanks a bunch.

Reply to: La Réserve de la Mala or Eden Plage (Cap d'Ail)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted