We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly pubs/restaurants

Tyne & Wear
2 posts
Save Topic
Family Friendly pubs/restaurants

We are staying at the Hilton end of July on B&B only. We have 3 children aged 7, 11 & 14 & wondered whether anyone could let us know the names of any teen/child friendly pubs and restuarants in the vicinity. Preferably with a kids menu as the 11 year old is a fussy eater!!!

Thanks

BRIDGEND - WALES
Level Contributor
236 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Friendly pubs/restaurants

Try " The Sun in Splendour " pub, it's just around the corner from the Hilton. The owner Donald, is a lovely man, he will give you a warm maltese welcome and you'll not want to go anywhere else !

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Friendly pubs/restaurants

try the scotsman pub about 200 yards out of the hilton main doors then right at the the top of the road near quenchers bar. they do fish and chips, pie and peas etc. they also have the dreaded carry oke. kids are fine in here and they have a pool table and the sport on the t.v. The sun in spleandor is great though.. say hello to charlie and tom for me..

malta
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Friendly pubs/restaurants

The Avenue is definitely worth a try. It is only 2 corners away from Hilton. Worth booking before, as it is always full up especially on weekends.

Malta
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Friendly pubs/restaurants

You couldn't want more than the Avenue - literally a corner away from the Hilton, the menu is so varied you'll be in a fix as to what to choose, prices are oh so reasonable, and it's three restaurants in one so you can choose the ambience too! We've got two kids aged 9 and 10 and they love it. But beware, it's popular with the locals for precisely the same reasons so booking is a must if you don't want to be disappointed.

Then again, there are so many restaurants arond there that you'll be spoilt for choice, believe me! We've just returned from two weeks motoring along the French Riviera and beyond, and believe me I don't know how people go there because Malta offers so much more value for money, I must say!

It's a case of not appreciating fully what you have before you try something else out, I guess! Enjoy your holiday. Malta has so much to offer if you do your homework well..... much more than just sea and sun, believe me. I hope you're hiring a car for a while....

5. Re: Family Friendly pubs/restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations