We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help to get to St Julians?

Manchester
Level Contributor
159 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Help to get to St Julians?

Arrive malta on Sunday Lunch time, Need to know what is the cheapest way to get to the alexander palace hotel in St Julians

Taxi....

Shuttle...

Bus....

Many thanks in advance

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help to get to St Julians?

well the cheapest way is not the most convenient way, the local bus goes from the airport to valetta and change for st julians. prob take about an hour as the airport bus goes into a couple of villages on its way top valletta. dont know any shuttles in malta but a taxi is more convenient. when you go through customs and just as you arrive in the terminal there is a stand for taxis you will need to pay them and they give you a vuocher to hand to the driver i would expect a taxi from airporrt to st juilans would cost about 8ml.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help to get to St Julians?

definately get a taxi from the airport. about 8 or 9 lm. dead easy and you will be at your hotel door in 20 mins. i always use the same guy when we visit ( which is about 3 times a year) if you send him an e mail with flight details times and how many travellers, he will be in the airport waiting for you with a nameboard. the good thing about this is that you can book directly with him for your return journey and he will give you his card if you need a reliable, non rip off taxi whilst you are there. his e mail is kevintaxis@hotmail.com. give him a try, he e mails back really quick with confirmation. also try the hiccups bar and the beggars inn pub literally over the road from your hotel for a cheap good beer. enjoy

Manchester
Level Contributor
159 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help to get to St Julians?

Many thanks to the two people who have helped me! Very Kind

Sorry to be a pain!

What sort of price would i be paying for a good 3 course meal?

Can you buy english brand cigarettes in malta and if so what sort of price are they?

Thanks once again!

Got a taxi sorted now! Hipee

Got 2 seats spare going to st julian, if anyone needs a ride, get to malta airport at midday thic sunday out of manchester! just email me. themanc9@hotmail.com

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help to get to St Julians?

you can get english fags anywhere in the world. not sure on price as i dont smoke. meal wise in st julians you can pay anything up to about 40 quid each with drinks. me and the mrs can eat in a top notch restaurant like zeris on the hilton portomaso marina with beer wine water and a cocktail if we fancy one for about this price, but also you can eat much cheaper at places such as the avenue restaurant which is fantastic and always busy for half the price with drinks as well.. many other places to suit all budgets... basically if you eat on spinola bay or portomaso you will pay the money, venture a bit deeper into paceville area and you will pay a lot less for just as good food. have you booked taxi i suggested?? a bit quick if you have maybe... any questions about bars etc i will be glad to help.. try www.starwebmalta.com

5. Re: Help to get to St Julians?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations