We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adams Hotel, St Julians

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Topic
Adams Hotel, St Julians

There are some sensational reviews on this website regarding the Adams Hotel, St Julians. However, when I checked the posting history of those Trip advisor users who have commented on the hotel they only seem to have posted once. Is this a bit of "creative" marketing by those involved in the hotel, or is it genuinely that good? I would really appreciate the opinions of people who really have stayed in this hotel as it does sound a bit too good to be true.

Perhaps I am being overly cynical!

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adams Hotel, St Julians

i think you have hit the nail on the head g money. on their web site they revel in the fact that they are number 1 on tripadvisor and have a link as well. its seems hard to believe that they have appeared from nowhere to be top dogs in st julians in a matter of 6 months. fair do's if they are genuine but its a bit sad if they are conning people into thinking they are the bee's knees.it seems that every reviewer happens to know the owners name and the cook and the cleaner and mrs next doors dogs name. seems too good to be true because we all would love a genuine cheapish good quality hotel in that area. maybe i am also being cynical here.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adams Hotel, St Julians

It does seem rather strange that I can't remember seeing many posts about the Adams so after reading this post went to read some of the reviews and you're right. Too many reviews from people that never even asked a question about Malta???

So who was looking after the hotel when "David & Mario" were picking up guests from the airport or personally greeting with pots of tea. Even the photographs there were no people in sight even at the bar (including bar staff) and I feel pretty sure that if there were guests in the bar then there would be staff even if it were only to make sure that they didn't nick the stock.

I might PM a couple of the reviewers to try to get a genuine response but I'm afraid cynicism is creeping in. After all if it looks like and quacks like a duck .....

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adams Hotel, St Julians

What a pity if thats the case cos I was thinking of checking them out if & when I get to malta again, maybe 'scubapro" or others that frequent Malta can check them out! ps I am a genuine person but maybe I got conned by their website too.

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adams Hotel, St Julians

Hi

This is David from Adams here. I am pleased to see that you will contact some of the reviewers, but please let other tripadvisor readers know that you have done so and what their replies are. I can assure you that every review has been left by a genuine visitor (who usually checks us out before booking using tripadvisor!) and not any friends of mine (although some have become friends after they stay,as maybe you will one day)and are unsolicited.

Of course, I am proud of the reputation we have gained and it would be remiss of me as a businessman not to mention it in my website....wouldn't you if your business had such a good reputation?

I really do hope that you will one day come to visit us, even if staying at another hotel just to say hi. Kind regards

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adams Hotel, St Julians

hello there david

i certainly will pop in to see you the next time i am in st julians. i dont want to seem negative but it just seems too good to be true with all the fantastic reviews because such hands on approachs does not agree with everyone.

for me personally i think i would enjoy all the banter and interaction with tourists and maltese alike wether they be gay or straight, it really doesnt bother me.but its not for everyone.. do you see what we are trying to say.

i really hope you are genuine because st julians is crying out for a quality establishment in your price bracket without forking out hilton or dragonnara prices.

no doubt i will give you a try in the very near future. ( as long as you can supply me with a cool cisk i will be happy anyway)

good luck and i am glad you have replied on here to fight your corner.

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adams Hotel, St Julians

You are very welcomer to pop in and see for yourself bobthestag. We certainly do not pretend to be even anywhere like a 5 star hotel but what we do offer seems to have struck a chord....don't worry about challenging the reviews, in a way I am glad someone has! I realise that accommodation marketed mainly at the gay conmmunity is not everyones cup of tea, however we welcome anyone at all so long as they want to have a relaxing holiday in high quality reasonable priced accommodation. We were recently visited by the MTA (Malta Tourism Authority) who were responding to a "complaint" from a "large" hotel (although they did not tell us who! Accusing us of stelaing their business and trying to get us to pay to be rated with stars and all....naturally I refused as we are full without having to pay for stars....and if I paid a larger licence fee this would only have to be passed on to guests. Still, it proves that we are doing something right! LOL

Take care and as I sated previously, please feel free to pop into the bar for a drink one evening when you next come over to Malta....we are very straight friendly too!

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adams Hotel, St Julians

how can you steal other hotels business?

it does not suprise me that a big hotel has complained because like here in the uk, big buisiness's think they can steam roller small business's when there is a chance of them offering a better service for half the price. people have the choice of where to stay or eat or charter boats etc etc, so i dont know what they will gain by their underhand tactics.

i also run my own company here in england and it does frustrate you when larger companys try to buy their way into making any competition suffer.

once again thanks for discussing this on the forum and dont forget the one fact that we all love malta. thats why we care

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adams Hotel, St Julians

Exactly....and again youre more than welcome...it is great that people feel so motivated to bother replying! I love Malta too...which is why I am here...although I only moved here from the UK last March to open Adams. All the best and dont forget to say hi when you next come.

David

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adams Hotel, St Julians

Great that you're fighting your corner.

I take it you are a Brit/non-Maltese then that has started your business there?

If so it would account for the visit from the MTA. Unfortunately it's exactly the same with foreign dive operators in Malta.

The bigger the concern the more they tend to flex their muscle with the MTA who are so frightened of their ow shadows. They only seem brave with foreigners.

Now if they could deal with the time-share touts they might gain some respect.

I think my cynisism was borne out of the fact you had gone from zero to hero in a very short space of time but good luck to you.

I have taken a look at some of the rest of the feedback and there are quite a few on there. Do you ask them to put feedback on the site?

I've stayed at a number of hotels in Malta with many giving excellent service but I've still not got around to leaving feedback about them. Strangely enough I have left feedback for other hotels around the world I've only stayed in once!

Beers all round then this summer?

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adams Hotel, St Julians

Hi G Money-Love

Yes I am a Brit abroad and perhaps youre right that its the reason for the complaint! Anyway, I am more concerned with keeping guests happy to bother about it. We do not ask guests to put reviews on there but as most of them that do have used tripadvisor to check us out before they come they maybe have a higher propensity (big word) to leave a review....I don't know. There are more that do NOT leave reviews than do. We also have a guest book in the bar in which we print out the reviews so maybe they realise that we are proud of our ratings and reviews.

See you next time round in Malta hopefully, and thanks again for our contributions, cynical or not.

David

Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's