We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in June 2008

basingstoke
Level Contributor
34 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Diving in June 2008

Hi everyone, i was lucky enough to get my advanced open water in the Maldives this year and would like to find some good dive sites around Malta.

I will be staying in Bidnija for two weeks in June and the rest of the party are non divers..any suggestion would be most helpful..

Neil C

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving in June 2008

As an AOW diver most of the sites open up to you.

The Rozi, Patrol boat Wenzu, Um al Faroud, Blenheim Bomber, Wellington Bomber, Imperial Eagle and so many more. Reef dives at Marfa, Wied iz Zurrieq, Santa Marija Caves, Comiotto Reef ....... and that's without even getting to Gozo !!!!

The best book BY FAR on dive sites in Malta and the islands is the one by Peter Lemon very good detail and good site maps, bearings as well as photos .. all you need to know .. Ask Santa to get you a copy it's about £18.99 ...

As for the non divers ... let em go shopping or sightseeing !!!

basingstoke
Level Contributor
34 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving in June 2008

Thank you, I will write to Santa today, two other questions are there any good websites for good diving in Malta and would and all in one 3mm wet suit be ok for June?

Thanks

Neil C

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving in June 2008

There are loads of sites .. start at dogsbreathdivers.com or simply google malta diving.

Sounds a bit daft but are you going begining or end of June? I usually wear a full 3mm at the time but that's because I'm a rufty tufty diver lol ..it can be a bit chipper still around that time but it will depend on how severe the winter is and how bad you feel the cold.

What size are you? I don't live that far from you and have a 5mm shorty you can borrow that can go over the top of your 3mm .. I get away with wearing that combination in UK waters even in the winter.

basingstoke
Level Contributor
34 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving in June 2008

My all in one is extra large......

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving in June 2008

well Neil ... so is mine .. Give me a shout if you need it.

basingstoke
Level Contributor
34 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving in June 2008

Speak to you closer to the time ....thanks

7. Re: Diving in June 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's