We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helppppppp !!!!!!

london
5 posts
Save Topic
helppppppp !!!!!!

we want to take our granchildren ages 10 and 7 to malta but have no idea about the place ie safe swimmin beaches and kids clubs etc (we need a break too lol )can anyone advise us on where to stay please

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: helppppppp !!!!!!

What time of year are you planning to go? Mellieha Bay is ideal for children as it is sandy and slopes out to sea very slowly so they are unlikely to get to deep water quickly. Are the kids good swimmers or would you prefer shallow waters like Mellieha?

Re kids clubs I'll have to let someone else help you there but I would imagine all the larger hotels will have something in place.

Would you want to be doing anything else besides beach as that will also determine where we advise you should stay?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,684 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: helppppppp !!!!!!

Melliha bay is a very good sandy beach but only two hotels really close by.

Next best beach , would be Golden sands but the Radisson Hotel may be too expensive , depends on your budget .

What is your idea of "safe"?

In my opinion , even a bathtub could prove "unsafe " for a 7 year old !

london
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: helppppppp !!!!!!

i just looked at that melluhia place it looks ideal we are goin in may end of i just want somewhere to take them as a treat we have a mediocre budget so just middle of the range type of holiday really i dont want any great adventures lol the beach is a great pastime for the kids thanks so much for ur help i think i will try and book it this afternoon x

london
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: helppppppp !!!!!!

yes true a puddle could hold dangers i suppose but i meant no undercurrents or fast tides really do you know the names of the hotels in mellhuia by the beach ?? thanks for ur reply x

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,684 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: helppppppp !!!!!!

Melliha Bay Hotel and the Riu Seabank are in walking distance next to Mellieha Bay.

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: helppppppp !!!!!!

ramla bay is also a nice area there are 2 hotels there have only stayed at the riviera , it was a nice hotel , the only down fall is its a little bit further out, however just a short walk to the main road and the buses pass frquent, you are also within walking distance of the gozo ferry.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: helppppppp !!!!!!

Riu Seabank sounds like it would be just up your street. You just have to cross the road and you are on the beach. End of May won't be too hot or too busy and will be warm enough to swim in shallow waters, still a bit cold in the deep sea

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: helppppppp !!!!!!

There are no tides to speak of in Malta anyway except during the full moon and even that is negligible. For some reason there are not that many currents on the West of the island.

As mentioned Ramla Bay Resort is not bad for kids and has quite a lot for them. A quiet beach too. It's also not far from Mellieha beach. The downside is that it's quite isolated for anything else.

Do take some WaspEze with you. Because of the lack of current at Mellieha Bay and how shallow the water is it is not uncommon for there to be jellyfish around. This subject has come up before and it's just to make you aware. Don't get hung up on the jellyfish thing but do go prepared just in case. WaspEze is available at home from your local chemist.

london
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: helppppppp !!!!!!

wow you have all been very helpful thank you so much and i will be packing the waspeeze thanks for all your advise i want to book it right now lol but got to wait for hubby to get in from work will keep u all updated hehe thanks again xx

London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: helppppppp !!!!!!

yes, as annettedonovan said Ramla bay in Gozo is also excellent for kids, and Gozo will be a relxing holiday for both of you as well. There are great choices of hotels as well. The good thing with Gozo is that everything is so close, but each and every village different from one another. Check out Calypso Hotel www.hotelcalypsogozo.com/calypso/home.aspx

or St Patricks http://www.vjborg.com/stpatricks/

or otherwise check out gozobreak.com http://www.gozobreak.com/

for a self-catering farmhouse.

Excellent restaurants in Gozo,

Cima http://www.gozo.com/cima/

Terrazzo http://www.gozo.com/terrazzo/

Country Terrace http://www.country-terrace.com/

am sure you will enjoy it.

Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations