We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta advice in May

London
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Malta advice in May

Hey,

I'm staying in an apartment in Swieqi, St Julians in early May, is it a nice area? Is early May a good time to come? Also, can anyone recommend some good (but cheapish) bars and restaurants around there?

Thanks!

Joe

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta advice in May

Swieqi is a residential area, very close to Paceville and St Julian's so you will have no probelm getting around. Paceville is where all the night life happens. St Julian's is great for bars, restaurants and the promenade all the way to Sliema and beyond. You can also catch buses to other parts of the island from St Julian's. (Not sure how frequent Swieqi buses are). All within walking distance.

Mya is a good time to go because it is not too hot or crowded yet. Early May is rather cold for swimming (in my opinion that is, doesn't mean some don't swim that early) but the weather should be good.

www.maltaweather.com to get an idea of average temperatures

London
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta advice in May

Great, thanks for the reply, good to know we'll be able to get around from there. I've heard the buses are a bit of an adventure in themselves, and good value too!

I'm thinking we'll get a bus up north for the beaches a couple of times as I've read they're generally better.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malta advice in May

You can get direct buses from St Julian's to the beaches up north. Your best bet and probably the easiest to get to, is Mellieha. You should catch a bus that is going to the Gozo ferry as it will go right past Mellieha beach.

Bus timetables at www.atp.com.mt

4. Re: Malta advice in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2010, 07:34
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's