We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raddison Blu St Julians / Taxi's

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Raddison Blu St Julians / Taxi's

Off to the Raddison in just over a weeks time, little apprehensive given the number of mixed comments on here !

Whilst we have a car booked to collect from the airport - of an evening time we will probably walk out from the hotel and look to get a taxi back from the areas with bars etc.

Again have read here that Taxi's back to the hotel are very expensive - I read somewhere a figure of Eur 15 being quoted !! Am I right in thinking that the main area for Bars / Restraunts etc is about 1 mile or so from the Raddison ? If so what can we expect to pay ? Do the taxi's not have meters ?

Are there any bars etc close by the hotel ? Thanks.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raddison Blu St Julians / Taxi's

If you are at the Radisson St Julians then you are fairly close to Paceville with a good selection of bars, probably less than a 10 minute walk so no need for a taxi.

Edited: 30 August 2010, 07:25
Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Raddison Blu St Julians / Taxi's

I agree, you do not need taxis, just walk back to the hotel, it is near enough

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Raddison Blu St Julians / Taxi's

Thanks for the info about the Taxi's - anyone any comments about the hotel itself ? - Very mixed reviews on here.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Raddison Blu St Julians / Taxi's

I stayed there while on a business trip last March. It was OK for that purpose, but would be pretty boring for holiday. What I mean is that the place has the air of a sterile chain hotel while there are so many cosy and friendly places to stay in Malta.

Certainly there are loads and loads on massages and other wellness services, but as middle-aged geezer of a traveller I don't apperciate that kind of stuff so much...

Paceville is for kids, so do have to walk to St. Julians to find a decent watering hole. And yeah, taxis do charge at least €15 for those 1,5 miles. But it's still a walkable distance and the streets are safe also at nights.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Raddison Blu St Julians / Taxi's

Oops, that came too late to help Smithford.

Anyway, taxis are that expensive in Malta. That's basically the only ripoff I've encountered on the island. One can get a local lad to drive you to the other side of a the island for less than a tenner, however. Just ask any youngster hanging around...

6. Re: Raddison Blu St Julians / Taxi's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2011, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations