We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

intercontinental

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
intercontinental

hi we are going to stop at the time sahe at the intercontinental next august.

my daughter and her fiance want to come, has anyone got any ideas of a nice appartment etc near to this hotel, they want to be alone but near us and cant aford loads of money.

cjay soon

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: intercontinental

Try the Bay street Hotel across the road !

Not the same standard but good and affordable at about £50 a day .

Welcome to Malta

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: intercontinental

A four minute walk up the road , you could try The Burlington Apartments at about £35 a night .

Depends what you expect for your night time accomodation , clean and cosy or ritzy and costly ??

Take care

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: intercontinental

hi 643

they cant deside if the want to find a s/c apartment or a hotel room h/b.

they never been before, but i worked theri for a year before the euro was in :(

is it the same ie fuagos cuban bar still their, and cisk beer still nice and cheap.

what price is food etc now, i used to go to a bar in sliema at the bottom of the hill from the crown palza, cant remember the name welcomed germans but the food was great and the price brill. also wne to a sea food restraunt was great.

chat soon

richy

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: intercontinental

Hi Richy

Fuego is still there and beer is still cheaper , but not so much so .

The main problem is that the exchange rate for the Stirling with the Euro is nothing like it used to be for the Maltese Lira !!!

Life is rather expensive lately , since we joined the Euro and the world recession and slump ! Grin and bear , or smile and beer it .

Bottoms up at the Lady Di

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: intercontinental

thanks

yes its been a lone time im lookingforwad to returning to see the place again.

hopefully it will be as nice as when i was last their with hsbc.

roll on next august.

we are stopping at the timeshare at intercontinental, but can only have 5 people, and 7 want to come lol

chat soon maybe over a pint of cisk in fuegos lol

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: intercontinental

HI there. Let us know how much a night they want to spend and when you are going.

You can book a standard room off the hotels own web site for about 80 pounds a night which may be a good idea if they can afford it as they will be with all the rest of you. Failing that, the other hotels are a bit rough that have been mentioned but it all depends on what they want to pay and what standards they expect.

Have a look at these hotels. The george, Valentina, Alexandra palace, all pretty close if that important to them and cheaper than the intercontinental.

PS I have stayed at The ic and I found it very good. In the hub of the night life if that is your thing but also sound proof windows if its not. Enjoy.

7. Re: intercontinental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2011, 05:41
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations