We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta Jan 2011 What to do?

Ohio
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Malta Jan 2011 What to do?

I am visiting Malta at the end of the month for a week and was wondering what do see and do while I am there? I will be staying in Saint Julian's. I am an outdoor person and enjoy taking photos. How is the weather for walking trails? What are some 'must see' places? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta Jan 2011 What to do?

If you like taking photos walk out of your hotel and keep going you will soon find lots to take.You can hop on several buses to Valetta or in the opposite direction to Gozo.I wont mention all the places that you can visit as Malta has over 7000 years of history but when you arrive in the airport go into the tourism office get a copy of Event magazine this gives you maps bus routes and ferry timetables to Gozo you can also find out about the walking trails etc.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta Jan 2011 What to do?

hi we're thinking of going to malta at the end of october and i'm not sure as to where to stay, we've been to quara a few years ago and we found it a bit quiet, we like a bit of nighlife but we don't want to go clubbling etc. we've been looking at st julians and silema and just wondering if anyone could give us some advice we are in our early 40's. also what will the weather be like in october

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malta Jan 2011 What to do?

I am also in my forties and find that St Julians provides myself (and husband) with as much or as little nightlife to meet our requirements. We too do not go clubbing although earlier in the evening we may sit outside one of the clubs for a cocktail and quite enjoy people watching in Paceville, the steps leading down to Baystreet is one of my favourite places for this. There are also a good selection of bars and restaurants around the Bays in St Julians which can be fun but are definitely more sedate. The Portomaso complex (by the Hilton) also has some nice bars and restaurants.

lhy
London
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malta Jan 2011 What to do?

Hi

I can recommend "Walking in Malta: 33 routes on Malta, Gozo and Comino" by Paddy Dillon.

Lisa

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,157 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malta Jan 2011 What to do?

HI

Lots to see and do in Malta, start by having a look at the FAQ in the top right hand corner of the forum page

6. Re: Malta Jan 2011 What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's