We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel beach clubs

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel beach clubs

Hi

We are staying in a private apartment at Potomaso in July and we have access to the merkanti beach club at the Hilton. I just wondered if anyone had been there and whether it was nice?

Also, I read that the Dragonara may also have a beach club - is that open to non-guests and does anyone know what the fees would be?

I am getting really excited now - I love Malta!

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel beach clubs

The Hilton is one of the best , if not the Best , hotel on the island , and I am sure you will not need to visit any other beach club to enjoy your holiday

Check their website for more info , there are a lot of photos of the pool and the beach club .

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel beach clubs

Ooh lovely - thank you very much!

I don't suppose you know anything about Buggiba do you (sorry I am pushing it now!)

We want to get a boat from there, is there anywhere to park if we drive or are we better off catching the bus?

Thanks

Catratchet

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel beach clubs

Is the boat you want to get something particular. There are boats you can get from Portomaso.

It's not that easy to find parking space in Bugibba but eventually you'll manage.

Just don't leave it too late if you have a fixed time to find your boat.

There are direct buses from near your hotel to Bugibba

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel beach clubs

The Merkanti beach club is an excellent facility operated by the Hilton hotel. There are two large pools, one of which is designated for the use of adults only. There are excellent eating and bar facilities, and an abundance of loungers and umberellas. Towells are also provided.

One thing to bear in mind - there is generally a flunky on the gate who needs to see and susequently stamp your beach club pass card. This card should be provided by the owner of the property and be left inside the apartment for the use of guests. It may be advisable before departure to ensure that this card has enough beach club visits left on it for your purposes.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel beach clubs

Hi

Thank you very much for your replies. The owner of the apartment has said that there will be a card in the apartment for us so hopefully we will not have a problem!

The boat I wanted to get was the Hornblower as last time we were at Comino it looked like the best boat with the best mooring at the Blue Lagoon.I understand that it only goes from Bugibba. I would prefer to get the bus and I guess it would only take about 30 mins?

Thanks

Catratchet

6. Re: Hotel beach clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations