We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on hotels please

Wirral
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on hotels please

I am hoping to visit Malta for the first time in May 2012 and have narrowed down my hotel choices to Intercontinental, Le Meridien or Marina at Corinthian. Has anyone any advice please? I intend to do some sight seeing and prefer to do my own thing.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on hotels please

Le Meridian and the Corintjian two loveky hotels great staff and food fantastic pools Le Meridian is in St Julians Corinthian is in St Georges Bay up a slight hill but nice man made beach at the bottom of the hill with a few bars and cafe. Never stayed at the Intercontinental so cant comment.Lots of places for sight seeing and Le Meridian has a bus stop outside if you want to head to Gozo or across the road for buses to Valetta.Get a weekly bus ticket €12 great value and when you arrive in the airport call into the tourist office for all the maps and what events are on while you are there all free and you can get you bus ticket outside x2 bus will leave you in St Julians.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on hotels please

All 3 are excellent options. If you want to be close to the nightlife opt for the Intercontinental, else my preference would be Le Meridien. My favourite hotels are the Westin and Juliani (just adding to your confusion). If you provide details of your likes and dislikes I may be able to assist more.

Wirral
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on hotels please

Thanks for those replies, I think l Meridien is probably the way to go for us. My father was stationed in Malta for several years during WW2, so our main interest is checking out the places mentioned in his diary and of course to visit the museums. Happy New Year!

4. Re: Advice on hotels please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's