We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba diving

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
263 posts
459 reviews
Save Topic
scuba diving

Never been to Malta, staying at the Hilton, we are advanced divers. How is the diving the end of August? thank you.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scuba diving

Diving should be great at that time with the water temperature at its peak - expect around 26C (78/ 80 F). You may want a shorty at most.

There are several excellent dive centres on Malta. There's a list of some along with other information here;

I recommend going with one of the PDSA members. I usually go with Aquaventure who will pick you up from your hotel and are based towards the North of Malta, which is ideal for the majority of the good dives sites and trips across to Gozo.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scuba diving

I have dived in October and the water was 26 degrees so I imagine in August it will be even warmer. They have diving at the Hilton and all the 5 star hotels. I use Divewise at the nearby Westin and they too will pick up from other hotels and will take you to other parts of the island and neighbouring Gozo and are very good.

Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scuba diving

Diving in Malta at that time is perfect, the water will be as hot as it can get here. In June the sea is still quite cold so August is perfect. There are several excellent divinig schools around Malta.

Here is an album filled with underwater pics from dive sites to give you an idea of the different kind of dives you can do. There are several wrecks in Malta. flickr.com/photos/…

enjoy :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
503 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scuba diving

Divewise are the best !

Used them many many times over the years. Excellent divers, friendly but stick to the rules which is what you want.

Give Viv a ring and she will sort out everything.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scuba diving

Note: some of the photos are of Gozo esp the Inland Sea. Great photos by the way. Gozo is a sister island of Malta

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: scuba diving

I'll be there thru August diving every day. Divewise is down your end of the island as well as Oxygene and Dive Systems. All are very good and recommended.

Only disadvantage using an operator not nearby is the waiting and then the visit to their shop to get signed up etc. Nearby ones will allow you to make the most of your holiday when you are not diving.

I'm pretty certain you will be up at Cirkewwa at some point or over at Wied iz Zurrieq and maybe we will see each other. I'll be with other independent groups of divers probably just diving in a rash guard and shorts.

7. Re: scuba diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now