We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you used the Ryanair transfer service?

Lincoln UK
5 posts
Save Topic
Have you used the Ryanair transfer service?

Hi Trip Advisor Friends

We are staying at the Marina Hotel in St Julians next week and when doing the on-line flight check-in noted that Ryanair offer an airport transfer option.

Price looks good so will use it ahead of a taxi but before booking would like to hear of your experiences or alternative suggestions.

Thanks is advance

J and M

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you used the Ryanair transfer service?

J and M

Have a read of the top questions about Island of Malta, FAQ: need help regarding airport trasnfers and taxi service/car rental. Gives price of taxis and loads more.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g190311-c120202/Malta…

Enjoy your time on Malta.

Lincoln UK
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you used the Ryanair transfer service?

Hi

Sorry but I should have said that I've looked at the FAQ's and can't find any previous thread to the Ryanair service.

Also on reflection in my question I didn't specifically ask for feedback of the Ryanair Malta transfer service.

Thanks for your advice and help

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have you used the Ryanair transfer service?

To be honest lincoln imp, you will probably be on a minibus with other people and probably be ferried around other hotels before you get to yours. If the price is dirt cheap go for it, but if its anywhere near 20 euro I would get a taxi at the desk in arrivals. This way you would get straight to your hotel in around 20 minutes or so.

On another note, how is our mate holdsworth doing at your place? He was shocking at the stags. When we won it was down to him and when we lost it was the players fault lol.

I am sure you have heard him say "there are players out there who don't want to play for the shirt therefore I will bring in players who will"

Good luck next season and have a fab time in malta.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have you used the Ryanair transfer service?

Ps the Corinthia marina hotel and its big brother next door the san gorg are great hotels with quite a few different eating places and good pools and water sports options.

It overlooks the bay and the man made beach and is also a stones throw from all the pubs and clubs if you are into that.

Have you been to malta before?

Sussex
Level Contributor
288 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have you used the Ryanair transfer service?

I just had a look at the Ryanair website (not something I'm usually inclined to do!) and it looks like they just book you with Maltatransfer.

Depending on how many of you there are, it may work out cheaper to get a taxi. I did enter some details just to see what the costs were and I reckon you could do just as well with a pre-booked taxi (as long as there are at least two of you and less than four)

Take a look at Flightline.co.uk, I have used them several times in Malta and they have always proved reliable (other than being a satisfied customer I have no connection to this company). The TA's may suggest some alternatives too. I have found that the pre-booked taxi prices are much cheaper than in many other holiday destinations (flagging one down on the street is a completely different ball game!) and so much nicer than the usual "tour" of other peoples hotels.

Lincoln UK
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Have you used the Ryanair transfer service?

Hi Bob

Re:

"On another note, how is our mate holdsworth doing at your place? He was shocking at the stags. When we won it was down to him and when we lost it was the players fault lol.

I am sure you have heard him say "there are players out there who don't want to play for the shirt therefore I will bring in players who will"

I've just about got last season’s dismal football out of my mind and then you pop up on TA to rub it in!

Your comments pretty much echo his time at the Imps and shows why the majority of fans are disappointed that he's been given a contract.

Time will tell but I would have been happy to say 'thanks and goodbye' at 17:00 a month or so back.

Regards

Jed

PS Thanks to you and everybody else for the excellent travel advice

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have you used the Ryanair transfer service?

Hi Jed. Yeah sorry about that. Didn't mean to open up old wounds. We had him for nearly 3 years.

He is full of promises but delivers nothing but excuses I'm afraid. Hopefully he only gets 10 games or so then the board realise what they have done and sack him.

Anyway back to malta. One of my favorite places to have a drink and watch the sun go down is vinoteque which is part of your hotel complex. It's in a row of 3 or 4 different style places that are good for winding down after a day out.

Another good place and good prices is Andrews bar just down from your hotel on the bay. They serve good food and drink in a great spot for decent prices so have fun. It is a sun trap down there if you are into that.

8. Re: Have you used the Ryanair transfer service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations