We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta in October

Mullingar, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Malta in October

HI

My mum, my sister and I are heading to Malta in october for 5 nights in mid October. I am looking for advice on which area to stay St JUlians and Sliema seem to be favourites but cant decide between the two and also about hotels are on one website they get bad reviews and on another they get great reviews!! really want to make it special as its there first "sun" holiday and they have had a rough year. our budget is apx 550 in total for hotel as flights were exp. Any advice would be greatly appreicated

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta in October

Are you looking for three single rooms or a room for three people? With an allowance of 110 euros per day per person for room and all meals/drinks I do not think it doable to get a reasonable hotel but others on TA may think differently. Can you give us an idea of what things all three of you are looking for in a hotel and surrounds?

In the meantime read the top questions about Malta on the right.

Mullingar, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta in October

HI

Thanks for the quick reply

My mumand sister likes to site see and i like the shops and also to relax. We will be sharing a room, i have looked at the park and the carlton in Sliema and also the perluna but need to check the price to make sure its right. In St Julians I have looked at the Corinthina and the Golden Tulip they are slighly over budget but i dont mind if they worth it. I dont wany anywhere too noisy just a nice hotel really.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malta in October

Hi again

As you are sharing the room the price should be lower than three singles so that should make it doable. Sliema sounds the place for you and yours. Mum and sister can easily and quickly get round to Valletta to sightsee and you have the shops. Just need a good hotel to relax. If you stay in Sliema you also have the ferries. Take a bus to Valletta and then catch the (about 5/10 mins) ferry back to Sliema - I say that way round as it is a steep hill up/down from the ferry so quite a climb but a nice relaxing way to end a day in Valletta There is a little cafe at the bottom of the steep hill so you can enjoy a drink before catching or watching the ferry go backwards and forwards. You can catch buses from Sliema to various parts of the island. I've never stayed in this part of the island so cannot advise on hotels. Enjoy your holiday.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,959 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malta in October

Hotel kennedy nova, Preluna hotel, and the Cavalieri hotel all get good reviews and are within your budget, Have you looked on travel republic, plenty of hotels mid oct.

5. Re: Malta in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations