We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Hilton or the Westin?

South Wales
Level Contributor
79 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
The Hilton or the Westin?

We have decided to go to Malta next summer and decided on St Julian's as our base but we can't decide on whether to stay in the Westin, in a Tower Room or the Hilton in a Club Exexutive room. Can any help please? Thanks.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Hilton or the Westin?

Hilton every day of the week.

I have not stayed at the hilton malta but have experienced the executive rooms and lounges in quite a few hilton hotels and having stayed in the Westin malta and not being impressed at all really I would say the hilton.

We have eaten and had numerous days and nights in the hilton malta without actually staying there and I must say it is impressive.

The whole Westin hotel is looking a bit tired in my opinion.

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Hilton or the Westin?

The Hilton every time for me, better positioned, better food and a more relaxed atmosphere.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,418 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Hilton or the Westin?

Both are good.......the Westin has a more open feel with better views.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,902 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Hilton or the Westin?

My preference is the Westin because I like the setting on its own peninsula which allows good views from all rooms, especially tower rooms. I regularly stay at the Westin and always enjoy my stay. The executive rooms at the Westin are my favourite, especially the junior suites.

Taunton
Level Contributor
253 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Hilton or the Westin?

Hello

I have stayed both on business and on holiday at both hotels.

Without any doubt at all the Hilton is the better overall hotel.

The Hilton is truly a 5 star hotel. I would suggest that the Westin would struggle to be more than a 4 star hotel in the UK.

If you stay at the Westin and then go and have a look at the Hilton you would kick yourself. If you stayed at the Hilton and then visited the westin you would say "thank goodness we made the right choice".

6. Re: The Hilton or the Westin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations