We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stomach bug /food poisoning

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wirral
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stomach bug /food poisoning

Hi I am due to arrive In st. julians on 22nd may the hotel I will be staying in has had guest falling ill with sickness the hotel assure me it's a bug going round st julians but I've seen no evidence of this looking at other hotel reviews so could it be its really good poisoning and am being fed a pack of lies by the hotel anyone who has been there between April may 2013 could you let me no if its a virus all over st julians or not ........ Thanks

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stomach bug /food poisoning

I am not aware of any 'bug' going around St Julians. I usually eat at one of the restaurants there once a week, the most recent being Monday last.

Could you please advise of the Hotel that you have booked.

wirral
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Stomach bug /food poisoning

St George park /la Vallette resort

Sliema
Level Contributor
536 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stomach bug /food poisoning

I have family living at St. Julians and none of them are sick. If there was a sickness one of my relatives would be the first to get it. He is prone to catching something that is in the air. I think you have been fooled. Never ask hotels questions like this but only the forum.

wirral
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Stomach bug /food poisoning

The hotel had advised me that the sickness bug was I. St julians and not the hotel am a bit worried as am due to travel this Wednesday and who I booked with wont alow me to change booking

Sliema
Level Contributor
536 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stomach bug /food poisoning

But still you are worrying about something that was said to you. I live in the next village and wouldn't I know if there was a sickness? Plus I have family living there. The bug that is going around must be in the hotel. If it was the whole city it would be like an epidemic. Just for your info we are going to my family for a birthday lunch today in St Julians. Plus my son was out there last night with his friends watching the Eurovison in St Julians. I noticed that no one else is answering you. Give up and come and enjoy....

essex
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stomach bug /food poisoning

Having just returned from la vallette hotel st julians my friend and I were very ill for 3 days as were most people at this hotel and we were self catering . My friend and I have travelled to most places and never experienced anything like this ! Sick in the bins around the pool and people treading on it then getting in the pool . Staff not interested everyone complaining .so glad to be home .

wirral
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Stomach bug /food poisoning

So it seems to be in the hotel I go in 3 days and travel company won't change hotel for me nor do I have the money to book another hotel I may just not go based on all reviews can't put my son through that

Greater London...
Level Contributor
150 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stomach bug /food poisoning

Hmm, I would recommend you email and let Environmental Health know about this in Malta,

There email is: complaints.ph@gov.mt OR mhi@gov.mt

or Phone +356 2133 7333

or via Facebook:

https:/…

Edited: 19 May 2013, 17:37
9. Re: Stomach bug /food poisoning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 May 2013, 18:37
wirral
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Stomach bug /food poisoning

Thanks for all replys I have booked another hotel in qawra I am at a loss money wise but you can't put a price on a childs health

Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations