We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
53 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations

I am looking for recommendations for a really lovely restaurant that I can take my husband to to celebrate his 50th birthday. We are over next Easter and staying in Saint Julians. Will it be really busy at that time of year with it being Easter? As it is a special meal, I don't mind paying a bit more! Thanks.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations

I do not know your budget, so I have listed 2 in St Julian's area:-

Blue Elephant (Thai Cuisine) – 00 356 21383383

Hilton Hotel Portomaso, St Julian's

Costs about € 50 per head with wine

http://www.blueelephant.com/malta/index.html

Barracuda, 194 Main Street, Saint Julian’s, 21331817, fairly expensive but good fish restaurant. If using the Le Meridien car park show them the ticket and I believe you will get 2 hours free parking.

http://www.wgc-group.com/barracuda

Have a great holiday.

Macl1uk

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Agree with Macl, but would add 'Zest' to the list - this is the restaurant in the Juliani Hotel fronting on to Spinola Bay.

Paid a visit to the Blue Elephant last weekend and found that the standard had actually improved - hard to accept, but true.

My personal favourite though is still Zest.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
53 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Thank you!

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,949 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations

My 2 favourites are Zest at the Juliani and Lulu on the road from the park in front of the Hilton leading down to Spinola Bay. Another nice restaurant is Quadro at the Westin Dragonara. All 3 are perfect for a Birthday celebration.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Quadro is lovely @ the Westin. Very nice ambience and special service too.

weston-super-mare
Level Contributor
506 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations

you could try 1927 at the band club great prices great food and ask for a table overlooking spinola bay you will not go wrong on this special occasion

Drd

7. Re: Restaurant recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations