We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair

Do Ryanair offer a hot food service on flights to Malta?.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,323 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ryanair

Michael OLearys own words if you cannot wait three and a half hours for a meal or a drink and you buy them on an airplane then I will chare you airplane prices not bar food prices. We are not in the business of restaurants only airplanes and we sell the seats cheap so that we sell lots of them.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ryanair

I usually eat at the airport after clearing security and take a small bottle of water onto the plane with me. That usually does it. the problem with taking food on board is that it has to be squashed into your hand luggage so doesn't always emerge in the same state as it was packed...

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ryanair

Apart from a sandwich being squashed I've seen food being taken from hand luggage by airport staff so you are still left to purchase on the plane or airside. Expensive drink and food I'm afraid are something we, unfortunately, have to live with whilst traveling unless you want to be thirsty and hungry. Motorways are no different but at least you can have things in your car.

Mgarr, Malta
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Ryanair

I have never once had a squashed sandwich and neither have airline staff tried to confiscate them.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,906 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ryanair

It is worth remembering that the limitation on hand luggage quantity does not apply to going through security, so when flying abroad I make sandwiches from whatever food is left in the fridge, take them through security in a separate carrier bag along with some fruit, eat most of them whilst waiting for the flight to board, then put the rest in my coat pocket to eat on the plane.

I have never yet had a problem with this, except for the odd squashed sarnie which I can cope with.

P-t-B

16. Re: Ryanair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 14:05
17. Re: Ryanair

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

18. Re: Ryanair

19. Re: Ryanair

20. Re: Ryanair

Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations