We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Luxury Hotels in St Julians

galway
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Luxury Hotels in St Julians

Hi All

we have never been to Malta and I am getting married in St Julians next May and I am trying to choose a hotel to stay in. I will have approx. 80 guests in total travelling from Ireland & the UK. Approx 30 guests will want to stay at the same hotel as us. We have been looking at the Marina @ the corinthia and have got prices from there is this a good choice? We also have been told that there will be a lot of building work in this area next year will this affect the Marina hotel? We would like to be close to Paceville(Nightlife) is this near the Marina@the corinthia? We were also looking at the intercontintal hotel is this a better choice? Both of these hotels are charging approx. €145 per night per room so we don't want to pay any more than that. All recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in St Julians

I think both HIlton & Westin will be above that rate per night but they are a notch up from The Marina. Perhaps look at Radisson Blu too?

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in St Julians

I have stayed at the Intercontinental which is actually very nice and the rooms are comfortable. It also benefits from having use of part of the small beach at St George's Bay which is a short stroll downhill from the hotel. The hotel is also quite close to the centre of Paceville but despite this it did not suffer from noise pollution in the rooms. I have to agree that the Westin and Hilton are arguably better hotels (I particularly like the Westin) however I think you will be happy with the Intercontinental.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,526 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in St Julians

Their are only about 5 five star hotels in and around St.Julians, the Corinthinia San Gorg is a lovely hotel a fantastic wedding venue.

You also have Le Meridian and The Hilton but if you are arranging for 30-40 to stay in the hotel talk to the manager of each one yourself.

I would recommend a cheap Ryanair flight over stay in or around Sliema and go see the hotel managers personally and set up your own deal with special prices on rooms.

Also get on to Booking.com and ask them to do a fixed rate price for you on the rooms they have a customer service over here that you can talk to.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in St Julians

The inter continental is a superior hotel compared with the Marina based on facilities really. Big indoor and outdoor pools, gym, exec club lounge and private section of the beach. That said, I do like both Corinthia hotels, especially the San George and you can use all the pools and facilities if you stay in the Marina.

Both close to the great night life with the inter being right in it. Entertainment in St Julian's to suit all ages and budgets from stylish clubs which have top DJ s from all over Europe to quiet chilled out friendly family owned bars.

Enjoy.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in St Julians

Last year we stayed at the Intercontinental in a Club Room. The standard rooms can be dingy because some of them are below pool level. The balcony furniture at lower levels looked awful. I highly recommend the club rooms though. See if you can get a friends and family deal. Google 'holiday inn friends and family' and you will get a result for a site called 'head for points'. Try that. The 'free' drinks happy hour in the hotel is 530-730 in the Club Lounge. Could be quite nice if you get a good deal. Could be anti-social though if your other guests aren't using it.

This year we are staying at Corinthia Marina (early June). I can report back on our return. It is also walking distance to Paceville.

We have also stayed at the Cavalieri, and although it gets slightly poor reviews and was recently the subject of an awful hotel tv show...we actually enjoyed our stay there.

6. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in St Julians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's